By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo.com Now Accepting Xenoblade Preorders! (US + Canada)

Tagged games:

Well, since the "Xenoblade Coming to the US" thread has degenerated into a "fascinating" (yawn inducing...) discussion about McDonalds, I decided to create this thread to draw attention to the fact that Nintendo has started today taking pre-orders for Xenoblade at http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Xenoblade?storeId=10001  .

I just placed a pre-order myself. I am used to ordering through Amazon, and so was a bit flustered about the shipping + tax, making the total actually $59, but for a game with so many hours of play time, it will be more than worth it many times over.

As I wrote in the title, this is for Canada as well. Also, according to the confirmation email, "We expect to begin shipping by the end of April 2012". Oh well, I'll wait, plenty to play until then (on my 3DS )

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

You can actually buy games from straight Nintendo?

I will be pre-ordering hopefully today or tomorrow straight from Nintendo since I want ALL of my money to go to Nintendo and Monolith Soft. Not Gamestop.

Wondering what i should do. I'll be out of the country at the time, but if this game is going to be in short supply...

Or is it supposed to be short supply?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Intendo21 said:
I will be pre-ordering hopefully today or tomorrow straight from Nintendo since I want ALL of my money to go to Nintendo and Monolith Soft. Not Gamestop.

If someone is to believed gamestop is the reason this game is coming over, and they most likely have a revenue sharing plan. 

Around the Network

Still I would rather buy from Nintendo.

Acevil said:
Intendo21 said:

If someone is to believed gamestop is the reason this game is coming over, and they most likely have a revenue sharing plan. 

i think this is just a theory some people came up with to try to explain why only Gamestop, I have never seen anyone actually claim (or show a source claiming) that Gamestop is behind the game coming over.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Mr Khan said:
Wondering what i should do. I'll be out of the country at the time, but if this game is going to be in short supply...

Or is it supposed to be short supply?

Well, only Gamestop have the game, so I would think there would be a limited supply, mostly printed for pre-orders.

Xenoblade has "partial nudity" ?   Well, I didn't even know you can purchase directly from Nintendo... Anyway, I'm pretty excited for this game! :)

bmmb1 said:

was a bit flustered about the shipping + tax, making the total actually $59, but for a game with so many hours of play time, it will be more than worth it many times over.

Welcome to the world of Japanese gaming. :P

In Japan Xenoblade has a MSRP of 6800 Yen, or just about 87$.

But as you said, it should be definitely worth every single $.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/