By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hmm FF7, Ocarina etc are all great but best opening?............... Super Metroid

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Around the Network

Definitely the opening of Kingdom Hearts. KH2's opening was really good as well and FFVIII's. I also had a thing for Shadow of the Colossus' opening. I thought it was so pretty at the time.

Medievil 1 + 2
YEAH!

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Ahhh, yes, SSBM! :) Also, god of War 2's opening was pretty epic..

2008 Predictions:

Wii: 44 Million
Xbox360: 25 Million
PS3: 22 Million

DS: 90 Million
PSP: 37 Million

The original PS1 Resident Evil has the mos awesome opening ever!

So campy, low budget and B movie like it's totally great! Just watch it:

Around the Network

Half-Life: I loved the ride in the beginning- it really gives you a good impression of Black Mesa.

Ocarina of Time: This one's just legendary.

Metroid Prime & Super Metroid: Almost identical, but both amazing.

Half-Life 2: You could almost smell the dictatory atmosfere once you arrived at City 17.

Bioshock: First you hear Andrew Ryan's vision on the world, than you see the amazing underwater city of Rapture. Incredible!

DoW is definitely an epic opening, SSBM aswel for me.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. One of the biggest psych-outs in gaming history, and just all-around engrossing.

I can't find a Youtube of it, but basically, here's what happens. You're hanging out in a tavern, and after you walk outside, you're attacked on all sides by assassins. Desperately, you swing your sword at them, but there's just too many. You're surrounded... and you die.

Now, at the time, I was thinking that I must just really suck at this game. But, after that, a cutscene pops up, showing Kain in hell. There, he makes a deal with some demonic creature to be brought back as a vampire, so that he might take revenge upon his assassins.

Thing is, you kill the assassins within the first hour or so of the game. And things get much more complex from there...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

-15 to everyone who didn't say Kingdom Hearts.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

For this year, I loved Call of Duty's opening. It totally reminds me of the BF2 opening with the ingame footage and all.

It was an epic opening.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.