By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@ superchunk and supermario128: I already made a similar suggestion all of 19 posts before this one... Could you come up with something else, please?

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
i see someone who is jealous nananana

Seriously man, I've saw you in 90% of the threads I've visited since the vg$ were implemented. And it's almost always something like the post I quoted above. Stuff like this is exactly why so many here are not totally stoked about vg$ like they should be.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

i just found it funny i beat soriku and leo-j
sorry if i hurted your feelings

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Adding games gives vg$ already?

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

kirby007 said:
i just found it funny i beat soriku and leo-j
sorry if i hurted your feelings

It's not hurting anyone's feelings, it's just pointless.  Why are people in a rush to make as many posts as possible on an internet message board?  Shouldn't you be worried about actually contributing and adding to the discussion, instead of adding 100 some posts a day just to bump up a number?

That is, as already stated, why many people are not too excited about this vg$ - it's a great idea except for the fact that it seems to actually reward people posting a whole bunch of crap as fast as they can, even though that actually works against the community because it makes threads filled with crap nobody actually wants to read.    

Around the Network

Do you have any idea when the prediction league will be back ioi? because the predictions for 2008 have to be submitted by the 16th [or will this be extended?]

ioi said:
@APolitical, I think you are worrying about nothing. Most people "are not to excited" are they? Funny that - the feedback I have had so far is very good. You are rather missing the point if you think the purpose of it is to encourage people to "post a whole bunch of crap as fast as they can". If you have read anything so far, the system doesn't reward constant mindless posting it rewards good discussion and the amount you can earn from posting in forums is highly limited - if anything it just acts as a way to keep ticking everyone up in the background.

As I have already stated (many times) things like adding games to the database, FAQs, release dates, reviews, screenshots, game info WILL BE (but not working yet) the best way to earn yourself mre vg$. All this content will be moderated to ensure that the system is not abused (and to ensure that the info we are adding to the database is correct). This I think is a very good idea as it encourages and rewards people for contributing to the site.

I haven't noticed any increase in "spam" or that posts have become any more worthless than before so I can't see as it has had any negative effect.

I'll take your word for it, man.  I trust your judgment, I just wish that there was some way to vote up or down individual posts based upon their actual content.  Similar to a "kudos" system as seen on other sites perhaps. 

Will you at least think about it?

D21 doesn't do it for the money. D21 does it for the love. Aaaaaahhhhhhwww, yeeeaaaaah!*

*as usual, read in sexy Barry White voice for maximum effect.

**Kirby007, loan me 20 bucks. I'm starvin' over here! Aaaaaahhhhhhwwww, yeeeaaahhhh!

makingmusic476 said:
VG$? Interesting. Will we receive $ for updating the database in the future? That would be a nice incentive for the community to keep the databse growing and becoming more accurate. Of course, people should lose $ for creating duplicates of games, to keep the system from being abused.

In that case the search facility needs to be greatly improved. If I search for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz it won't bring up Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (no colon), hence the database has ended up with a duplicate because someone has been unable to find it. Most of the duplicates are added because people genuinely can't find the game rather than because they're abusing it and it seems unfair to penalise them for trying to help when the problem lies with the poor search facility.

@ ioi

I need help, sir. I added a new avator and lost $150. Can you please address this? Can I get a refund or a store credit?