By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Questions about 3DS...

MikeRox said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Damn... Demos japan only, free kid icarus Europe only... wtf does America get??? u.u

Reasonably priced games? You know 3DS games are over $60 a pop in the UK right? :p Think I'd rather have $39.99 MSRP than get a free 3D Classics Remake ;)

Dude, no offense, but I live in Mexico... a 3DS is probably around $300 rite now here....

Around the Network

Congratulations in your purchase! I bought mine in August and for lack of time and other reasons couldn't use it too much for the first months. Since then I've been using it almost daily, not only playing but looking videos, playing the minigames and all that stuff. I like I can travel in the car and it counts as if I was walking lol, it's an easy way to get coins.

The street pass is a great idea, but sadly I haven't found many people, hope you're more lucky with that. Also the music and video tools are fun but I wish I was able to do more things with them. At least upload your pictures in facebook, which is possible but some days ago there was an error message... don't know if it has been fixed. I recommend Star Fox and Mario 3DS, the 3D looks great in both of them!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Soma said:
 The street pass is a great idea, but sadly I haven't found many people, hope you're more lucky with that. Also the music and video tools are fun but I wish I was able to do more things with them. At least upload your pictures in facebook, which is possible but some days ago there was an error message... don't know if it has been fixed. I recommend Star Fox and Mario 3DS, the 3D looks great in both of them!

For street pass it really depends were you live.  Before I left for uni, I lived in a small city with about 15,000 people and I never once met anyone via Street Pass.  I'm now at university in London and because of university campus/7.8m population/lots of tourists, I regularly max out the 10 available street pass slots.  There is also when I went to the Zelda 25th Anniversary Concert and got over 130 street pass hits during the course of the night.  I imagine airports would be pretty good for street pass as well.

MrT-Tar said:
Soma said:

For street pass it really depends were you live.  Before I left for uni, I lived in a small city with about 15,000 people and I never once met anyone via Street Pass.  I'm now at university in London and because of university campus/7.8m population/lots of tourists, I regularly max out the 10 available street pass slots.  There is also when I went to the Zelda 25th Anniversary Concert and got over 130 street pass hits during the course of the night.  I imagine airports would be pretty good for street pass as well.

Yea, I need to start taking my 3DS to areas that probably have higher 3DS attach rates.  Right now I can walk around for miles and not get one street pass while walking by houses, apartments, etc...  However, I feel if I took my 3DS to downtown Austin perhaps on UT campus then I would finally get my first street pass. 

I also just got 3D Classics: Xevious and Mario vs DK: Minis March Again by redeeming my Club Nintendo coins in (used 250 coins). Now that they added limited time offers to get certain games via coins it makes Club Nintendo the best service to reward gamers out there. I don't think Microsoft and Sony have anything that comes close to this rewards program. Thanks Nintendo for rewarding your loyal customers even more.

Around the Network
Soma said:
Congratulations in your purchase! I bought mine in August and for lack of time and other reasons couldn't use it too much for the first months. Since then I've been using it almost daily, not only playing but looking videos, playing the minigames and all that stuff. I like I can travel in the car and it counts as if I was walking lol, it's an easy way to get coins.

Teach me!!!

unfortunetly, I live in a place where I dont think many people have a 3DS.. matter of fact i dont know anyone with a 3DS here u.u

Im supossed to go to the US on January and ill get both Mario and Mario kart.

Maynard_Tool said:
Soma said:

Teach me!!!

unfortunetly, I live in a place where I dont think many people have a 3DS.. matter of fact i dont know anyone with a 3DS here u.u

lol, just close it in stand by mode, and that's all. Everyday I go to work when I return home I did like a thousand steps just moving in the car ;)

That's too bad, and in the street will be very difficult to find, not many people in Mexico will be carrying their 3DS in the streets with the security we have. The only people I found are from my work, too bad because is a great idea.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Maynard_Tool said:

1) Are the games on the Virtual console in 3D?

2) Can you play Demos on it?

3) Is it true that Kid Icarus (Virtual console) will be free if you register 2 games (Zelda, Mario, mario kart....) in January (read it in a Spanish website) ?

4) thanks for any help

1) Yes, there are 3D games on the eShop, but not all of them are. In fact, any DSiWare game or Virtual Console game will not be in 3D. Look for 3D Classics and eShop games, which will be in 3D.

2) Currently, eveyone outside of Japan does not have demos. Although, we can expect them pretty soon because Nintendo did promise them before the end of the year. Japan's initial demo lineup was as follows:

- Monster Hunter 3G
- Cooking Mama 4
- Puyo Puyo
- Crayon Shin-chan 3DS
- Dead or Alive: Dimensions

3) That is true for Japan and Europe, plus those who register two 3DS games also get a chance to win a special edition 3DS. I'm hoping this same deal also comes to North America.

4) You are very welcome.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Soma said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Soma said:

Teach me!!!

lol, just close it in stand by mode, and that's all. Everyday I go to work when I return home I did like a thousand steps just moving in the car ;)

That's too bad, and in the street will be very difficult to find, not many people in Mexico will be carrying their 3DS in the streets with the security we have. The only people I found are from my work, too bad because is a great idea.

Well i know about the steps... but if u put it in stand by mode and leave it in the car counts as steps? really?

Pretty sure it doesn't count them for me. Maybe he rides in a car with no shocks.