By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Command & Conquer: Generals 2 is a reality, triple-A PC exclusive from "BioWare Victory"

Staude said:
Munkeh111 said:
Staude said:
Westwood studios.

It's not gonna happen, but I can still ask for it. Still, Despite EA running this franchise into the ground and repeatedly hammering at it to stay down, I'll withhold judgement for now. It is Bioware after all. It'll be interesting if they try to tie the generals universe in with the others, though I was hoping for a semi reboot, one where they would ignore every game that was made post Westwood.

Well they have just renamed Westwood several times, the issue was that many of them left to form Petroglyph, who have been a bit rubbish

I am okay with it not being on console, despite my love for Halo Wars, but I really hope that there will actually be a Bioware spin on it, despite it not actually being a Bioware game

Late reply incoming.

Well they closed westwood and offered them to join EALA but they did close down westwood regardless. :P

But yeah, I hope bioware oversees development and somehow manages to steer it in the right direction so we don't get another crappy "cnc" game.

But they close and re-arrange, and the people keep coming and going. But the bits of Westwood who formed a studio haven't made any particularly good games either, so I don't think they work pure magic, money and Bioware should help find that spark though

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Staude said:
Munkeh111 said:
Staude said:
Westwood studios.

It's not gonna happen, but I can still ask for it. Still, Despite EA running this franchise into the ground and repeatedly hammering at it to stay down, I'll withhold judgement for now. It is Bioware after all. It'll be interesting if they try to tie the generals universe in with the others, though I was hoping for a semi reboot, one where they would ignore every game that was made post Westwood.

Well they have just renamed Westwood several times, the issue was that many of them left to form Petroglyph, who have been a bit rubbish

I am okay with it not being on console, despite my love for Halo Wars, but I really hope that there will actually be a Bioware spin on it, despite it not actually being a Bioware game

Late reply incoming.

Well they closed westwood and offered them to join EALA but they did close down westwood regardless. :P

But yeah, I hope bioware oversees development and somehow manages to steer it in the right direction so we don't get another crappy "cnc" game.

But they close and re-arrange, and the people keep coming and going. But the bits of Westwood who formed a studio haven't made any particularly good games either, so I don't think they work pure magic, money and Bioware should help find that spark though

Well to be fair parts of westwood joined EALA after the closure, but a lot of people moved on. Unfortunately that split the people who created the franchise.

Westwood pacific which developed the expansion pack to red alert 2 (yuris revenge) is what was renamed EALA. Not the main studio :P

Concidering what happened with EALA and their work on the series, I remain cautious about any optimism regarding this new studio. I do hope that they rekindle the command & conquer spark. Though starting with generals 2 is not exactly the way to go about it if you ask me... But I am willing to give them the benifit of doubt.

I personally really liked universe at war: earth assault. I think it's one of the best RTS to come out in a long time, though it wasn't perfect :P I would have preferred less ingame cutscenes for one thing... And the Online being windows live was a big big mistake.

I also like Empire at war in many ways, though some of the missions can get very tedious after a while.. And due to a bug, I couldn't finish the last mission of the expansion pack.. Damnit.

Check out my game about moles ^