By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The heck, PS3 DMC4 requires 25 min hard drive installation?!

You mean Virtual Memory leo-j? Don't all PS3 games use a common paging file?

Around the Network

Meh, I'm buying it for PC anyway. That does seem annoying though.

@fazz

No, since blu-ray has 50gigs on the disc they use the extra disc space instead.

Ratchet is 60fps at 720p/1080i, and it has only 1mb of data installed.

mM

Don`t understand.
Istalliation is not optional.
It takes 25 min.?
Also ps3 version cost more.

WTF? Capcom going nuts? or just M$ made some payments?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

This is one of my most wanted games of 08 and i would have gotten it on the ps3 but someone gave me a fully paid preorder from gamestop for the 360 version. In truth, as long as the game is as good as the original and part 3, and not like part 2, then i don't really mind load times. I'm sure all 3 versions of the game will play well.

Around the Network

well this sucks, if its gonna take 25 mins, atleast make it optional.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

It's only 25 minutes once right? I don't see the big deal. Fill me in if I am missing something here.

I honestly think they are exaderating the 25 mins thing. VF5 had a long instalation of about 10 min and it installed a lil over 4 gb of data. assassins creed has an 1.3 gb installation that took 3 mins to install. hevanly sword took up 2gb and was about 4 min installation.

all in all you will be thankfull that it did take that initial time to install instead of waiting 1 min every time you goto a new area.

CrazzyMan said:
Don`t understand.
Istalliation is not optional.
It takes 25 min.?
Also ps3 version cost more.

WTF? Capcom going nuts? or just M$ made some payments?

I thought the stereotype about the Sony fan who responds to everything with "M$ paid them off!" made in another thread was a bit harsh, but I guess it has some basis in reality after all.

Imagine how it would seem if a Wii fan claimed there are so many mini-games and quick ports because Sony is paying developers to make shit games for the Wii. Yes, what you're doing is exactly the same.

CrazzyMan: You live in Europe or Australia? it's only more expensive in some countries (Sony's stuff is always more expensive in Australia for some reason..)

Anyways, 25min is a cake walk compared to the 2 years I've been waiting for this game, especially if there are virtually no load times. Make a sandwich, watch TV, or post on VGchartz.com, if you can't bare spending 20-30 minutes for optimized game quality.