By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - even if the 360 outsells the ps3, it probably wont

I would not be surprised if the 360 sells 3 million in the US in December, as long as MS has enough stock, the US effect will destroy the PS3. I still think adjustment will come, but it wont be enough.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
What are you talking about? Sounds like someone is a little scared that the 360 has a chance of out selling the PS3. Anyway 360 will come close but it will just miss.

i could honestly care less if the 360 pulls ahead by 2 or 3 million by years end cuz both ps3 and 360 are great consoles, im just saying usually the ps3 is undertracked since its more of a world-wide console while the 360 is overtracked since its main market is in america

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

miz1q2w3e said:

lol

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

It really doesn't matter one bit.

They are equal in terms of sales essentially, what matters is the amount of software sold as they barely make any money on the hardware

Oh, man! This sony boys make me sick! Why don`t you apreciate the good sales for all consoles? There`s others words in the dictionary beyond "overtracked" and "undertracked".
All the time is the same history, I don`t know why I`m reading all this stuff over and over.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
thx1139 said:
The end of the year report will be that all the hard work and price reduction Sony did this year was all for loss as the 360 simply wiped it all away at the end of the year. With the final point being that at the end of the year the price for the 360 remained the same while the PS3 had to drop $50.

The 360 not received a official price cut but it price is not the same... it had the price reduced by nearly all stores .

Yes MS made some deals with retailers for special incentives. The thing is that all goes away Jan 1 and MS gets to enjoy the extra profit on the 360s again while Sony doesnt. 

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Sad thing is it will probably not be that big adjustments this year... Really don't think the 360 deserves to sell as much as it do. I mean look at the first-party titles that have been released this year. GOW3 and Forza 4 great games but other then that. nothing and the whole first half of the year was laughable.
Kinect have really done wonders for the 360.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Several things;

1: Does it really matter?

2: Margins or no, the x-box brand has still chewed into the market heavily and left its mark on the industry.

3: Take into account the ever growing accuracy of the Vgchartz tracking. What happened previous years might not occurr again automatically, this is based solely on assumptions which ignore many factors.

4: This is the big one; Americas. Black Friday showed us what the 360 can do on home turf, the sales in this region alone are routinely high enough to nullify or greatly decrease the PS3's advantage in the rest of the world.

So, even if the 360 outsells the PS3, it probably won't?

I'm 94% sure that sentence isn't logically sound.

IF the 360 does outsell the PS3, then yeah, it's gonna outsell the PS3.

wow damage control so early