By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CES 2008: Sony Lists MGS4 as 'Exclusive'

NeoRatt said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I think that is what is killing the gaming industry! Companies like MS throwing money around instead of focusing on what matters, great games!

If it was just money that mattered to Konami then i think MGS4 would have been multiplat from the start... Its a bit more than that i'm afraid ;)

360 User and Sony User conversation:

360 User:  Haven't the 360 games rated consistently higher then PS3 games since the PS3 was launched? 

Sony User: Microsoft is buying off the reviewers.

360 User: We can download tons of movies and watch them in HD.

Sony User:  Microsoft is buying out the movie companies.

360 User:  Didn't Sony get the Movie companies to go blu-ray?

Sony User:  Microsoft is secretly buying movie companies through a hidden trust account to keep Sony alive and embarass them.

360 User:  There seems to be a lot of great games for 360 compared to PS3.

Sony User: You must have been bought off too.  The games on 360 don't match up to the quality of Lair, Folklore, Eye of Judgement, etc.  By the way Microsoft bought reviewers off to ensure they got less then spectacular ratings.  Everyone who buys the games love them.

360 User:  Doesn't Bill Gates have $37.6 Billion invested in his foundation to upgrade health and education world-wide.

Sony User:  It is a secret fund from Microsoft to buy off the poor.

360 User:  Aren't you just jealous Sony isn't as aggressive?

Sony User:  Of course not...  I just like to see a fair fight.

360 User:  Is it not fair to purchase products for services at a premium (Dollars for Exclusivity [aka Lost revenue from exclusivity])?

Sony User:  Of course not, that's just dumb

360 User:  Or just smart business?

Typical xbot response...

Around the Network

Dude unless Konami or Kojima themselves directly says in an official announcement that metal gear solid 4 is coming to the xbox 360, its not gonna happen.

and kojima himself denied the rumour again just a few days ago.

NeoRatt said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I think that is what is killing the gaming industry! Companies like MS throwing money around instead of focusing on what matters, great games!

If it was just money that mattered to Konami then i think MGS4 would have been multiplat from the start... Its a bit more than that i'm afraid ;)

True sony fanboy vs XBot:

Xbot: The 360 has a better graphcis card and more ram

SF: The ps3 has tha cellzz

Xbot: SO wat? The ram and graphics card stll suckzz hardszzz

SF: The cell

Xbot: I dont give a $hit, all sony exclusivezz are on xbots MGS4 confirmed too

SF: Konami said no!!

Xbot: Shut up you nOOb

SF: Go suck a

XBOT:yea  tell your mom thanks'

SF: PS3 FTW

Xbot: 360 rules ps3 suckzz hardzz

Im not a typical sony fanboy, I can actually fight back the ram-graphics card statement.

mM

Do we trust the word of Kojima himself?

I mean, hasn't he said for years that "this is the last MGS", yet we haven't seen the last one. ;)

I love that it's news when there is any indication that this game is STILL an exclusive.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
NeoRatt said:
Squall_Leonhart said:

True sony fanboy vs XBot:

Xbot: The 360 has a better graphcis card and more ram

SF: The ps3 has tha cellzz

Xbot: SO wat? The ram and graphics card stll suckzz hardszzz

SF: The cell

Xbot: I dont give a $hit, all sony exclusivezz are on xbots MGS4 confirmed too

SF: Konami said no!!

Xbot: Shut up you nOOb

SF: Go suck a

XBOT:yea  tell your mom thanks'

SF: PS3 FTW

Xbot: 360 rules ps3 suckzz hardzz

Im not a typical sony fanboy, I can actually fight back the ram-graphics card statement.

LOL.  A good fanboy won't degenerate the conversation that quickly...

In conclusion, there wont`be MGS4 on x360.
There is a possibility of MGS4:Substance to come on x360, BUT only in 2009 AND IF they already started to work on x360 version.

There is no PS3 game ports on x360, there are a lot of multiplatform games, which were developed at same time, there are a lot games, which had ps3 or x360 as a lead platform.

Capcom on it`s multipalform engine was developing x360 version of Lost Planet about 1 year, porting on pc for half a year. And developing ps3 version for 1 year.
MGS4 is developed not on multiplatform engine, game uses ps3 potential, and probably MGS4 will be much bigger then Lost Planet.
MGS4:S can not even come in 2009 on x360.

Anyway, if you REALLY want to play MGS4, you will buy PS3 to play it. Unless you will have to WAIT atleast 1 year.
If you are not sonyboy =)) then waitbeyond is not for you and you will buy MGS4 on ps3 when it comes.
PS3 FTW!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

It doesn't matter to me, since I have both consoles, but who cares by now? Honestly, those who really want to play the game probably already have a PS3...and those who do and don't, will play it at a friends house.

The last MGS game was severely lacking compared to the previous two, sales definitely confirm that. With millions more consoles sold, it managed to be outsold by MGS2.

This game I do have high hopes for, but it isn't going to be the revolution PS3 fanboys are hoping for, and I highly doubt it is going to stimulate that many hardware sales. It will probably be the best selling PS3 game when it is released though.

Like I said, most people who want to play this game, which are of the more hardcore variety, all have a PS3 by now. I still wish this game had come out when it was supposed to though, there still is a pretty big drought amongst top quality PS3 games at the moment. I have high hopes for this year though!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

This won't stop the rumors.

Just in MGS4 coming to 360 in Fall '08!!!!

See, told ya.

MGS4 will be on the 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I garuntee it- Gamespot

mM