By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CES 2008: Sony Lists MGS4 as 'Exclusive'

Squall_Leonhart said:
I think that is what is killing the gaming industry! Companies like MS throwing money around instead of focusing on what matters, great games!

If it was just money that mattered to Konami then i think MGS4 would have been multiplat from the start... Its a bit more than that i'm afraid ;)

It is only money that matters to any large company I am afraid. If I went into Konami's headquarters and put down 500 million and said "Make MGS4 a DS exclusive!" you better believe they would kick into overdrive to make the game fit on those tiny tiny carts. The reason they don't just screw over Sony and make it multiplatform though is to maintain a healthy buisness relationship with them. This is code for trying to make the most money off of them in the future. Don't ever delude yourself into thinking there is anything more or less motivating the gigantic corporations.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
They want this game so badly on their console, it's a shame that to play it a PS3 must be involved in the process :D

It gives you joy that many gamers will be denied the fun of playing MGS4 when it is released? Why?

I'm not sure it's joy at seeing others disappointed as much as venting frustration over the lack of good titles on the PS3.

If MGS4 does end up on the 360, then that would be a big disappointment to PS3 owners who are trying to justify to themselves the $500/$600 many of them spent on a gaming console.

X-box fans are too funny, in spreading stupid little internet rumors..they only fuel the popularity of this PS3 exclusive.