By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto is finally "retiring"

He's done great work, he's earned his retirement. At least he isn't making like Richard Garriot and climbing into sewers in hopes of finding the mushroom kingdom

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

HE'S NOT RETIRING! This isn't sad news, we should be rejoicing that we will get "Miyamoto" games where he has more of a role in its development.

He's stepping down as manager of EAD. He will continue to make games. Don't be selfish, he's 58 and I'm sure he handles a lot of stress. Thank you Miyamoto-san.

Sigh, imagine how awesome the world would have been if this happened 30 years ago.

BTW this is a serious comment and not trolling or flaming. I blame Miyamoto and nintendo for the awful console gaming in 80s and 90s.

ramses01 said:
Sigh, imagine how awesome the world would have been if this happened 30 years ago.

BTW this is a serious comment and not trolling or flaming. I blame Miyamoto and nintendo for the awful console gaming in 80s and 90s.

Illustrate this alternative history for me. Just, you know. Illuminate this darkness.

ramses01 said:

You’re either from another dimension or from Mars so which one is it? 

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

sounds to me like he is going back to more of a role like he had in the NES days.... sounds good to me : ).

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

He's only 58? The man looks so weathered... I'm glad he's going to be taking a more personal route. I can't wait to see what he does. =)

It's amazing when you think about it though.Nintendo has had some of the best game designers in the industry. Anyways, Shigeru has passed on most of his gaming genius to the younger developers.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Signalstar said:

It's best to go out while you are on top. What an amazing run. Nothing better than when someone knows the right time to step down (Clint Eastwood should take note). Just like Regis!

Poor Kutaragi should have went out better :(

bah Clint Eastwood has been one of the best director of the last decade.........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

He's retiring from an official capacity.
I highly doubt that he will walk away entirely.
Seriously, would YOU walk away from dreamland?

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK