By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony + Nintendo Should Team Up

It would be more logical to have Sony + Microsoft : hardware sales, software sales and libraries are more or less the same so it would make sense to have one offer for everyone rather than splitting it into two with silly timed exclusives.

Sony and Microsoft should team up, unite gamers and defeat Nintendo.

Around the Network

Not going to happen. If an "alliance" such as that was going to happen, it would be far more likely to be between Nintendo and Sega.

Sony is primarily an electronics company, and Nintendo is primarily a videogames company. Sony Computer Entertainment is just one division of Sony, while gaming is Nintendo's entire business. At the same time, the Japanese game industry is not failing. Last I checked, Japanese companies weren't the ones losing hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars. Additionally, I don't imagine their business philosophies would match. Sony (for whatever reason) prides themselves on high cost products with low margins. They're also more focused on hardware than software. 

Basically, even if they have mutual interests, their policies don't match up very well at all.

LOL just no! its not like Nintendo is in need of help

they are very different and so it will never work which is good!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

sony + nintendo + MS should team up, imo. unified platform ftw.

No

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network

Would benefit Sony but hurt Nintendo...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

It wouldn't work, but I like the idea of it. I always used to back SONY, but this gen they have been trying too hard to get the Western market, I wanted a console, not a PC dressed up like a console. Nintendo have taken the complete opposite route and made a very underpowered console which lacks great new features.

My gaming taste lies somewhere in-between the PS3 and the Wii this gen, thinking of SONY and Nintendo partnering up just reminded of the way consoles used to be.

No one wants to compete with Nintendo games on their consoles. There is a reason why 3rd parties seem to treat each nintendo console like it has a plague. That is why 3rd parties love the 360 so much. With the exception of call of duty there is not oen dominant company. Even then people dont buy an Activision game..... they buy Call of Duty, they dont buy and EA game, they want to get Madden. See the differce. People buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
No one wants to compete with Nintendo games on their consoles. There is a reason why 3rd parties seem to treat each nintendo console like it has a plague. That is why 3rd parties love the 360 so much. With the exception of call of duty there is not oen dominant company. Even then people dont buy an Activision game..... they buy Call of Duty, they dont buy and EA game, they want to get Madden. See the differce. People buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games.

I think that this gen Nintendo missed the 3rd party boat because of their hardware. It is under powered and has funky controls. I don't think having Nintendos library of games on the PS would hinder it's 3rd party lineup. It would however boost console sales and possibly game sales as well. I have a Ps3 and a Wii currently. If a game were to come out for both, the PS3 would be the version I would buy because the controls would be better IMO and the GFX would for sure be better. Nintendo games are the only games I have for the Wii because I cant get them for any other console.

Some of the other comments about the 360 and PS3 being a PC first, I disagree. I don't do any PC type related activities on my PS3. I do watch movies and on occasion stream some pictures or music from my PC. That being said, those are very nice features to have and help add value while eliminating clutter from multiple devices. I bought my son and daughters a PS3 so they can play games and stream Netflix/VUDU. Sure the Wii wil stream Netflix with a disc, but its in SD.

Nintendo is no different than any other developer in terms of making their games for the hardware. They all do this. Given PS3 spec or better harware with the availability of a traditional controller, Move, Vita or PS Eye, I think Nintendo would fit right in and be able to do what they do best....games. Leave the hardware to the hardware people. 

Imo it's more likely a team up between Sony and Microsoft, if Nintendo has to team up with someone it wuold more likely be someone like Apple or Google.