By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others numbers are in...

RSEagle said:
Well if 360 is only being outsold by PS3 by 20,000 in Others it's a good thing for Microsoft.

Yeah especially considering the fact that the playstation brandname is very strong in others.

End of 2008 predcition:

Wii: 34 million

360: 23-26.5 million

PS3: 15-18 million

Around the Network
RSEagle said:
Well if 360 is only being outsold by PS3 by 20,000 in Others it's a good thing for Microsoft.

That is good for Microsoft. I would say since its so close in others, 360 will sell more overall. PS3 will win in Japan, but 360 will win in North America.

Also this is the first week in a few weeks 360 has even come close to PS3's others sales.

Wouldn't that be crazy if PS3 came within 20K of 360 in North America? That would be a total reversal of what it usually is.

Yeah, for the PS3 I think the NA numbers are very important at this time. They can outsell the 360 in Japan and Others, but if the 360 crushes them in NA, then it'll be a tie. They need to hold steady in NA to out pace the 360 this year.

I think that when GTA4 is released it'll help the PS3 more than it helps the 360 (look at how many consoles Halo 3 moved...or didn't move). Also look for an Others boost when MGS4 is released. Also taking into consideration the Blu-Ray format just got a huge boost with the exclusivity of Warner Bros, that might (I said might) help the PS3 sales in weeks to come. The PS3 will do much better this year.Guaranteed!

spanish sales = french + germany ?????????? O.o How it is possible?

does someone having the answer?

think wii numbers would be much bigger in france and in uk if there were wii to buy .... 

I'm actually not sure how that's great for MS ^^;;; The PS3 still cost's a ton more, and is massively lacking some familiar titles, paired with the fact that the 360 is currently chalk full of western titles I'm not sure where all the praise is going :x If anything I'd say that sucks, because ever since the PS3 dropped they seem to be losing ground, and pretty rapidly I might add, ESP in software.

But back on topic, interesting numbers :P are they finally updated? or is ioi tinkering still :D 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

About Spain, isn't January 6 an important holiday there?

matheousse said:

spanish sales = french + germany ?????????? O.o How it is possible?

does someone having the answer?

think wii numbers would be much bigger in france and in uk if there were wii to buy ....

I'm not Spanish but I think that in Spain, gifts are given on the night of 5th to 6th of January, not on Christmas day.

By the way, this reminds me that PS3's slight domination over the 360 in "Others" will get even smaller in the coming weeks, since the PS3 performs especially well in Spain as compared to the rest of the world.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@NJ5

Yes ofcourse, why not continue by saying ps3 sales would drop to 10k and 360 be at 70k in OTHERS, that seems much more reasonable coming from you.

mM
leo-j said:
@NJ5

Yes ofcourse, why not continue by saying ps3 sales would drop to 10k and 360 be at 70k in OTHERS, that seems much more reasonable coming from you.

Sounds about right coming from him lol 

There are so many 360 fanboys on this site, its rather scary and sad! 

Squall_Leonhart said:
leo-j said:
@NJ5

Sounds about right coming from him lol

There are so many 360 fanboys on this site, its rather scary and sad!

Isn't that the oddest thing?