By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The First Review of Resident Evil: Revelations. UPDATE: IGN has a copy to.

http://sillegamer.com/2011/12/05/first-resident-evil-revelations-review-is-in/

From article:

"UK Gaming magazine GamesMaster has published the first review for Resident Evil: Revelations, with the recently released January 2012 edition awarding the blood-splattered 3DS title a positively glowing score of 91%.

Excitedly described as “the game to convince Resi fans that the series is back to its best,” the respected magazine proceeds to state that Resident Evil: Revelations is “one of the scariest games ever committed to handheld, and a spectacular return to form.” The zombie-ridden title’s environments, story-line and overall scares are also praised, with the cruise liner level outlined as “a corking setting for Revelations, with a choking atmosphere trapped inside its creaking hull.
Developed by Capcom, Resident Evil: Revelations will release exclusively for 3DS on January 27th, 2012 across Europe and February 7th, 2012 in North America. Check out the full review in the January 2012 edition of GamesMaster.
"

More great news for 3ds. Wanted to hear more about the co-op Raid mode though.

UPDATE: IGN seems to have a copy to. They gave their impressions - http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1214193p1.html

A piece from the article:

".....sometimes a great moment has nothing to do with the design of a room or even the actual presence of a creature. The constant cries for "mayday" that I heard as I searched this area were incredibly unnerving, making me a bit hesitant to see what was around each corner. I worried that each step would suddenly unleash whatever twisted construct was locked behind the door at the far side of the room. That's where much of Revelations' brilliance lies - its ability to immerse you in a believable world. That the game is in 3D, and features settings that allow the player to increase the depth far beyond typical 3DS games, only helps that fact - though I found myself enjoying it regardless of my 3D depth settings. Resident Evil 5 struggled to achieve that same level of immersion because it wanted to be an action movie. It didn't force you to slow down, to be afraid of what was around the corner. It wasn't concerned with limited resources or making you jump. It just wanted you to shoot things....."

Sample vid

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

Higher than I expected. I would wait for more reviews to come in.

Awesome news! If it turns out to be a great game, it will be my 2nd game for the 3DS. Once I get to four games that I really like, I'll buy a used 3DS. KH3D is already a must, so this will be my second title.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

what?! 0_o the game is already completed?

thats great! :D

can't wait to stick this in my 3DS!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It's good to know that it's back to how Resident Evil should be.

Around the Network

seems promising...any gameplay footage?

Weird that the review is almost 2 months before it gets released. I've already got it preordered.

I thoroughly enjoyed R4 & R5, though the hardcore fans claims them to be a huge departure from the core of the first three games. Nice to see that this will give me a chance to experience that formula. I'll look forward to this when I pick up a 3DS.

Hooray

Ill be picking this up.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)