By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS Vita games to be 40% less for digital than retail!

I wonder how they are going to convince retailers to allow this, even with the low presence of PC games in most retailers they still manage to keep digital and physical RRP the same which is why the is regional pricing on stores like Steam. I can't imagine them being happy for Sony to undercut them like this. If Sony try and strong arm the issue they might end up having trouble getting retail presence for both software and hardware.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

This is good news, but it doesn't make the storage cards look cheaper. Anyway it's a good step to push digital , current PSN prices compared to retail are terrible imo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Retailers might care, or they might not because of PSN cards. I don't think they get a lot of money from selling the cards though...

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Im still going with retail.

I don't believe a word of it. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't. I wasn't going to buy the vita for at least a year after it launches anyway.

Around the Network
zarx said:
I wonder how they are going to convince retailers to allow this, even with the low presence of PC games in most retailers they still manage to keep digital and physical RRP the same which is why the is regional pricing on stores like Steam. I can't imagine them being happy for Sony to undercut them like this. If Sony try and strong arm the issue they might end up having trouble getting retail presence for both software and hardware.

This might actually be a reason why the memory cards are so expensive. I could imagine Sony would need some leverage with the retailers, so they give retailers a huge chunk of profit when people buy the memory cards.

As long as Sony and the Publisher are getting the same cut, saving on retalers cut, packaging, printing, shipping. It seems completely logical really.