By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 36 - Suikoden II

Linkzmax said:

There's nothing wrong with your logic, only with your conclusion. Why haven't you analyzed the claim beyond the surface of what prof said?

Well, once I get to "prof is fakeclaiming cop", the next step of my thinking is "I want to lynch this liar".  If he's mafia, I figure he's trying to flush out the cop; if he's not, I figure there was a distinct danger of him having that effect while playing his mind games to whatever twisted purpose he had. 

Is that along the lines of what you meant? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Also @ FF,
did you really not notice the dead player in slot 8??

Slot 8 isn't a DEAD player, it's a NON-player.  I do not think Stefl would choose to explicitly lie to us as the mod.  ("Row 8 was left out due to the number association and the fact that a twelve sided die has twelve sides..." i.e. "this spot left blank, no one is/was in it."  It's where hatmoza would have been, and Stefl has made it abundantly clear that hatmoza does not have and never had a role in the game as it was given to us.) 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Rats, I almost fooled you FF!

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:

There's nothing wrong with your logic, only with your conclusion. Why haven't you analyzed the claim beyond the surface of what prof said?

Well, once I get to "prof is fakeclaiming cop", the next step of my thinking is "I want to lynch this liar".  If he's mafia, I figure he's trying to flush out the cop; if he's not, I figure there was a distinct danger of him having that effect while playing his mind games to whatever twisted purpose he had. 

Is that along the lines of what you meant? 

A cop would have to be pretty dim-witted to be flushed out if that were an attempt to do such, but even then there's likely protection which would make for a great day one trade. So it would be a bad move for scum to make out of the gate.

It's more like prof is fakeclaiming a guilty scan. Most of us have seen this used on afkers when they return, but this is a new twist to open with on a newbie. MG figured it out and I figured it out. You and most others would at least recognize it as a fakeclaim, which means prof gets no credibility for the claim but at the same time it shouldn't cause much confusion. However, it could catch newbie scum. It's mostly a pro-town move, but prof could be bussing a mate or trying to get a newbie to slip up and get mislynched too.

spurgeonryan said:
theprof00 said:
spurgeonryan said:
So Final-Fan is an investigator hot on the trail of Linkzmax who is I think Mafia and if there is a doctor he is the only who can prove that to be false.

Why do you think Linkz is mafia?

Evil is cunning.  Plus I am still waiting to see. Not totally sure yet of what I said. I think it is sort of early so I will just check out a few more posts before making my actual decision. I am just suspicious for right now.

Could you answer my question as well, namely why haven't you called prof a liar if you think FF is an investigator?

What have I done that is cunning?

What do you mean you aren't totally sure of what you said? Are you being fed lines?

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
spurgeonryan said:
theprof00 said:
spurgeonryan said:
So Final-Fan is an investigator hot on the trail of Linkzmax who is I think Mafia and if there is a doctor he is the only who can prove that to be false.

Why do you think Linkz is mafia?

Evil is cunning.  Plus I am still waiting to see. Not totally sure yet of what I said. I think it is sort of early so I will just check out a few more posts before making my actual decision. I am just suspicious for right now.

Could you answer my question as well, namely why haven't you called prof a liar if you think FF is an investigator?

What have I done that is cunning?

What do you mean you aren't totally sure of what you said? Are you being fed lines?

With there only being 24 hour nights, I'm thinking that there's talking during the day, fyi.

It was actually one of the reasons why I really encouraged Trucks to co-mod when I saw the 24 hour limit. I was expecting Trucks to be cognizant enough to point out that it might not be enough time, just in case stefl didn't notice it.

By the way u quited spurge and told him not to edit. Sid he in fact. Edit something?

spurgeonryan said:

How do you come to any of those conclusions?

How would you conclude FF as investigator?

Even if he was how do you have him trailing linkz?

Why do you think he is mafia?

how could the doc possibly clear him?

theprof00 said:
I'm getting the feeling that Radish and spurge are town...
and not such a good feeling about linkz, though maybe it's just way too early.

who else is town or could you just give us your scum mates?  thanks

My scum mates are wonk and his mom