By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2008 at Bruceongames

Bruceongames said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bruceongames said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Lets put it this way Bruce over 14 3rd party published games have sold over half a million on Wii, by comparison PS3 has only 13 third party published games over half a million, third parties are not being shut out on the Wii, and Wii software sales are very strong for a system that you consider a fad, obviously its not just a Wii Sports machine

Blimey, do you read what you post? According to you PS3 and Wii have virtually the same number of 3rd party titles with over half a million sales. Yet there are more than twice as many Wiis sold as there are PS3s. So the Wii is doing less than half as well as the PS3 for third party AAAs. And the PS3 has had less time for AAAs to be developed. And PS3 AAAs take longer to develop. Which makes the Wii performance look even worse. Unlike you I am not a fanboy. I don't care which manufacturer sells more consoles or games than another manufacturer. What is far more important is the trends and the effect that they have on commercial realities. I have been involved in this professionally since 1978 so have seen a lot of machines come and go.

Do you read what you post, Sony lacks strong first party like Nintendo has, duh of course Nintendo in house would have a bigger share of the pie, but the fac that on a system that is supposedly built on third party they can't beat Nintendo which has a very strong first party developers is very telling that the Wii is legit.

Again define AAA's, most of the games on PS3 that sold over half a million are not high quality games, but flops in terms of reviews, they just sold well.

You have been ignoring the trends the trends sho Wii being more than a fad but an actual shift in the market 

When you say that Sony lacks strong first party you demonstrate that you haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about. This is the ranting of a fanboy.

Compared to Nintendo?  No they aren't even close

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Why do people keep saying "Nintendo love to upgrade their hardware" and "Nintendo like to release new revisions of their consoles"?

I hear this all the time, and it has absolutely no basis in reality.

Have Nintendo EVER released a new version of a console (not just a die shrink, internal change, but an actual visible change like PS2->PS slim)?

Have Nintendo ever released an upgrade of any system they ever made? About the only things I can think of are adding colour to the Gameboy, and a backlight to the GBA. Neither of these are game-changing like adding a hard-drive to the Wii would be.

So when you say things like "Nintendo like to upgrade their hardware so we could see an enhanced Wii with, for instance, a hard drive. Also a more powerful HD console must be on the way." that are obviously false, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the article, nor the rest of your blog.

As well as not mentioning two of Nintendo's biggest games next year, your lack of research does not advertise well.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Bruceongames said:
Faxanadu said:
Bruceongames said:
Faxanadu said:
Hey Bruce,

thanks for letting me know about the quality on your blog so I can actively avoid getting near it in the future. Reason being: Your reasoning is awful and so 2006.

So, welcome to vgchartz!

With that attitude I don't want you reading my blog. By the time you get to say 16 years old you may appreciate it better.

Too funny man. Seems like you are quick with personal insults and trying to start a pissing contest. Really nice introduction.

Anyways, pleasure as well to meet you.

You started it.

And childish posts like these two that you made only make matters worse. The Internet is a sea of crap and you have to try hard to distinguish yourself from the rest. Resorting to childish insults and "you started it" is not the way of going about it.

Rest assured you're not going to get readership if you act like a child and insult our members. If this is how you act on these forums, it doesn't reflect well on the quality of your blog posts. 

good luck

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Have Nintendo EVER released a new version of a console (not just a die shrink, internal change, but an actual visible change like PS2->PS slim)?

Top loading NES, and a redesign of the SNES come to mind. Both of those came out a long time after the original console, and I wanna say one of them came out after the next gen of hardware was released. Since the SNES they have only done handheld redesigns though, and that is what has given them the stigma I think.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:

Top loading NES, and a redesign of the SNES come to mind. Both of those came out a long time after the original console, and I wanna say one of them came out after the next gen of hardware was released. Since the SNES they have only done handheld redesigns though, and that is what has given them the stigma I think.

Yeah, but these changes never affected what games could be played, the DS lite and Phat can both play the same games

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Gnizmo said:

Yeah, but these changes never affected what games could be played, the DS lite and Phat can both play the same games

And the PS2 can play all the games the PS2 slim can. It is theexact same kind of change. Oh and the Gamecube used to have a different AV out port on the first wave of cubes that was later removed if that counts. Hey, it is a physically noticeable change!

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Im wondering what your take an the ds is then. The psp was supposed to be a better console, better graphics, games on cd. Yet the ds has humbled it. Why?

could it be that gamers arent as exited by graphics as you say. I own a ds as well as a wii. not because they are made by nintendo but they are different.

Ps3 is the ps2 with prittier graphics. the 360. same as the xbox.

Why the HD assumption that everybody wants it and that in 12 months nintendo will release wii 2. they cant make enough of the wii now. Even if the wii does have a massive fall in popularity nintendo can reduce the price much more than its competitors due to it costing less to produce. This will increase the popularity of the console again.

different coloured wiis. again not to important but history shows when it happens products fly of the shelf. Nintendo has all the bases covered.

I want wii fit and I want it now

Gnizmo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Gnizmo said:

And the PS2 can play all the games the PS2 slim can. It is theexact same kind of change. Oh and the Gamecube used to have a different AV out port on the first wave of cubes that was later removed if that counts. Hey, it is a physically noticeable change!

It possible Wii might get a physical change years from now, though how they will make it smaller is beyond me, the thing is already so amazingly tiny, but to think that a change will occur that will change the system gameplay wise like adding in a hard drive or making it HD graphics is foolish

marioblazer said:
Im wondering what your take an the ds is then. The psp was supposed to be a better console, better graphics, games on cd. Yet the ds has humbled it. Why?

could it be that gamers arent as exited by graphics as you say. I own a ds as well as a wii. not because they are made by nintendo but they are different.

Why the HD assumption that everybody wants it and that in 12 months nintendo will release wii 2. they cant make enough of the wii now. Even if the wii does have a massive fall in popularity nintendo can reduce the price much more than its competitors due to it costing less to produce. This will increase the popularity of the console again.

different coloured wiis. again not to important but history shows when it happens products fly of the shelf. Nintendo has all the bases covered.

And thats why Im not going to listen to you anymore. The PS3 is NOT a suped up PS2; it offers a hell of a lot more. Thats like me saying the Wii Is a suped up eyetoy, it makes no sense.

Youre talking about Nintendo being able to reduce cost and introduce new colours and 'history' shows it'll work. Past evidence doesnt necessarily correlate well with the Wii because its hitting new markets that had never been considered before. Its an entirely different field with the Wii, sure new colours and lower price would up the demand a bit, but whos to say if it'd work on the same level as it has in the past? Price obviously isnt that big a deal anyway considering how much people are spending on them on Ebay etc.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Bladeneo said:
marioblazer said:

And thats why Im not going to listen to you anymore. The PS3 is NOT a suped up PS2; it offers a hell of a lot more. Thats like me saying the Wii Is a suped up eyetoy, it makes no sense.

Youre talking about Nintendo being able to reduce cost and introduce new colours and 'history' shows it'll work. Past evidence doesnt necessarily correlate well with the Wii because its hitting new markets that had never been considered before. Its an entirely different field with the Wii, sure new colours and lower price would up the demand a bit, but whos to say if it'd work on the same level as it has in the past? Price obviously isnt that big a deal anyway considering how much people are spending on them on Ebay etc.

DS, new colors always spark new sales of the DS, DS is the best indicator of Wii success

Also gamewise PS3 has done nothing to show that it is anything more than a graphical update, blu-ray playback and such is irrelevent