By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony/SuperBot Making Sony Smash Bros [Basically Confirmed, More Gameplay Info]

Yay or Nay?

Yay! Woohoo! Bring on the fucking clown!!! 10 55.56%

Nay! I hate clowns!! 0 0%

parappa the rapper! parap... 1 5.56%

Sony is copying Ninty again. Trololol! 7 38.89%

Total:18

Source: Neogaf, Gematsu

SuperBot Entertainmentis working on a Super Smash Bros.-esque brawler for Sony characters, according to latest rumors. 

First brought to light byThe Paul Gale Network, the game is said to include characters such as Kratos from God of War, Sly Cooper from Sly Cooper, Nathan Drake from Uncharted, Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal, Parappa from Parappa the Rappa, and others.

SuperBot’s website describes the company as “an exclusive developer of Sony Computer Entertainment,” which is “currently in production of a yet-to-be-announced PS3 title.” They’re seeking a senior combat designer with “a strong familiarity with fighting games and fighting game theory.”

The Twitter account of SuperBot creative director Chris Molina provides further proof of the game’s development. Here are just a few updates:

#1. “Our capture station and waiting area – Parappa is a permanent resident.”

#2. “The character artist sitting a row ahead of mine is modeling polygonal female boobies. Carry on…”

#3. “Our studio fighters getting their brawl on.”

#4. “Slam! Second level design pitch approved by our studio leads! Now onto Sony Santa Monica for a final green light.”

#5. “New Sony PlayStation commercial vaguely foreshadowing our soon to be announced title.”

#6. “Checking out the original art assets from a Sony IP title we’re appropriating for my level – very cool seeing this environment in raw form.”

#7. “Fuck you clown!”

Around the Network

So, Sony ripping off another Nintendo idea. How shocking...

Soonerman said:

this is so far off my radar i won't remember anything about it one it's announced.

Ndany612 said:
Soonerman said:

Hey, Sony first patented crossover games in 1987, so Nintendo ripped off them!

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=137103&page=1#32

already posted without quite so many shallow mundane comments