By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - 3D - Oh My God

Tagged games:

JoeTheBro said:
Cross talk "should" have nothing to do with the game. Your hardware is the only thing that can cause it. What's happening is Uncharted has deeper 3d than other games or more vibrant so the pre-existing cross talk is more noticeable. If movies look fine and just as deep is probably an issue with your tv and ps3 communicating. I cannot stress how frustrating it is to read reviews about 3d in games and hear about how bad ghosting is.

I have yet to play Uncharted 3 in 3d (doesn't affect what I said above) so can you tell the difference between detail in 2d and 3d? They built two separate games to make 3d not bring down 2d so how noticeable is this change?

Thats actually wrong. The equipment is very important, but the difference between 2 softwares and 2 movies with the same equipment can be extremely different. The movie or software that has a stronger parallax can actually look better then one that has less. An easy example for samsung 3D TV owner, just look at the free streaming service Samsung offer, its flawless, no crosstalk. Then go rent a poor 3D filmed movie such as green hornet and the difference is enormous, that with the exact same equipment. Dont get me wrong, the equipment is very important too, the active glasses provided by most manufacturer will give 2 times the crosstalk and will also change the colors slightly. But we have to be realist here, as much as im a Sony fan, the 3D function of most PS3 games is poor even with high end equipment. I tried nearly all of them. Super Stardust HD is the only one I consider to be very good looking.

Around the Network

PS3 exclusive + 3D = Full win

@Icyedge
That's still not the games issue, just your tv and ps3 having issues. Cross talk/ghosting is caused by one eye seeing images from the other view so how could the game cause this unless while in 2d their is ghosting? I guess it could be a problem with software but not the game software, just the ps3 and/or tv. Try reporting this to Sony and hopefully with an update they could fix it. I'm sure we can agree cross talk wrecks the experiance.

JoeTheBro said:
@Icyedge
That's still not the games issue, just your tv and ps3 having issues. Cross talk/ghosting is caused by one eye seeing images from the other view so how could the game cause this unless while in 2d their is ghosting? I guess it could be a problem with software but not the game software, just the ps3 and/or tv. Try reporting this to Sony and hopefully with an update they could fix it. I'm sure we can agree cross talk wrecks the experiance.

You are right to some extent. Crosstalk may be cause by light leaking of your glasses. But thats not all there is to it. If we talk about games, since the lenses always shut/open at the same interval, the processing needs to be flawless. They need to be in sync with the glasses all the time. Which isnt the case with most PS3 titles. A couple exception here and there, with smaller or not as demanding game, like Super Stardust HD or even Shadown of the colossus (not ICO) that doesnt look too bad in 3D on PS3. If you want a good experience, you really need a high end PC and Nvidia 3D vision. Movies are getting better and better, they probably use better equipment to film them. Im not as knowledgeful on this matter. What I do know by experience is that the earlier one or niche one has lots of crosstalk whatever the equipment your using. As example, the difference of Tron and 3D sex and zen using the same equipment is enormous. Between, I have both a optoma 3D DLP projector and a samsung LED 3D TV.

RareglovE said:
PS3 exclusive + 3D = Full win

lol, if it wasn't an exclusive it wouldn't be a win for gamers or what? for the 3d factor, it depends. some think it all looks like a puppet theater (in general, not specifically uncharted 3)  but for me yeah i like it as well on my 3d tv.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

Im walking in the Rub al Khali now. The Shadows (AA) are very good here... Cant really find any jagged edges, but I have came across it a few times (yeah after 9 playthroughs even i cant deny that) but it really is a minor flaw considering the vast majority looks superb.

Im sitting on my bed just infront of my TV, relaxed. No shooting problems here!

This game feels like it was made in 3d then like remade in 2d. Its insane how good it is. Tiny details like the footorints in the sand in 3d really looks far superior to the 2d. Its the same but like with 3D you can litterarly see all the detail to the sand pouring down as you go, the tiny sandcorns on your shoes!! The dust get carried and moved/dissolved in air. It is breathtaking! And my god the cargoplane!! You know how UC2 had an insane leap from UC1? Call me crazy, the 3D usage makes this game make an even greater leap. I have NEVER been this impressed and I have already beaten it 9,5 fking times!!!

You must not have played games in 3D on PC much heh, and if 3D wasn't an after thought, the cut scenes would be in 3D too but they are not, maybe the next Uncharted.

ones for sure, if i wouldn't know how good uncharted games are i would never buy them reading aldros threads about the game all the time.

i mean, do you guys know which music people hear adoring singer/bands like aldro is adoring this game? wow this game had to to be huge shit then haha

crissindahouse said:
ones for sure, if i wouldn't know how good uncharted games are i would never buy them reading aldros threads about the game all the time.

i mean, do you guys know which music people hear adoring singer/bands like aldro is adoring this game? wow this game had to to be huge shit then haha

it's a good game

I have to agree... I played some parts in 3D and it's AMAZING... the best 3D experience I have see (even in movies).

Now I started the game again (I'm not finished it yet) for play it in 3D.

Gamers... play it in 3D first.

dahuman said:
crissindahouse said:

it's a good game

sure it is. it is one of the best this gen. not the best but top ten for sure. it could be even better with better gameplay like better aiming, better and more challenging puzzles and challenging climbing (it's really not more than climbing without any difficulty) ,  BUT aldro is a little bit too crazy like the groupies of a teen-band and if i look which taste most crazy groupies have (buying everything of their idols) and wouldn't know how good uncharted 3 is, i would think it has to be shit if someone acting like aldro and beeing like drakes overacting groupie.

he's doing this for weeks now. hell he even did this before release he was so freaking crazy before release it could be the worst game ever he would still think it's the best of all time lol.

playing through a game ten times in three weeks or so is really crazy and it was clear he will sy this to the 3d mode. he would say this even if it would be only half as good. i don't say the uncharted 3 d mode isn't good, only that it doesn't say anything if he says this because it's uncharted