By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - 3D - Oh My God

Tagged games:

raygun said:
Zero129... the cross talk shouldn't be any more with UC3 compared to other 3d games, so I don't know what your problem is. Maybe its your tv? I have a pani 50" 3d plasma, and I see a little cross talk but UC3 seemed to have less than most games. Resistance 3 was great in 3d also, anyone try AssCreed 3 in 3d yet?

The crosstalk is about the same as with other PS3 games, meaning bad lol. To my experience the only title that doesnt show any is Super stardust HD (given you have good equipment). Sure the equipment has something to do with it, but the software/movie too. As example, the difference between a movie like Tron and a niche movie such as 3D sex and zen is enormous.

Around the Network

Cross talk "should" have nothing to do with the game. Your hardware is the only thing that can cause it. What's happening is Uncharted has deeper 3d than other games or more vibrant so the pre-existing cross talk is more noticeable. If movies look fine and just as deep is probably an issue with your tv and ps3 communicating. I cannot stress how frustrating it is to read reviews about 3d in games and hear about how bad ghosting is.

I have yet to play Uncharted 3 in 3d (doesn't affect what I said above) so can you tell the difference between detail in 2d and 3d? They built two separate games to make 3d not bring down 2d so how noticeable is this change?

I completed the game in 3D just now and I did not notice anything that made the game look worse or different aside from the insane depth. Each to his own; but I will never ever play UC3 without 3D again.

@Homer
Ive played the beta since July. The MP is my favourite this gen, I can't believe how addicting it is. I only loved the co op in UC2, disliked the competetive part but UC3 is soooo damn fun to play. I have not touched Battlefield 3 since I got it.

Yes I have major problems. Within the first months of the release of UC3, I have completed the game in 10 full playthroughs, 1 in 2D -> 3D by my TV, 1 in Stereoscopic 3D and 8 times on 2D. I will never play it without 3D from now on. Jesus christ the immersion during combat; I see shit I never saw before, the depth from you fighting enemies and grabbing their weapons. Insane!! Im also lvl 40 in the MP and have yet to complete all Co Op on crushing (CLOWNZ!!).

Amazing. I must have put about 60-70 hours on the campaign XD... Ive completed MGS4 13 times but that was over the course of 4 years! Not even close to 10 within first month haha.

UC3 is hands down my favourite game of all time. Play it in 3D y'all!!

Also im going to my mate who just bought UC3 to play it on his 55" on 3D. 11th playthrough here I come! (although I will be watching :,D)

I wasn't quite amazed when I played through the start of the game, but I think the later sections will be more impressive

Around the Network

I've been saying this for a long time, but stereoscopic 3D is the next step. Calling it a gimmick is like calling your second eye (pick one) redundant.
Good thing Uncharted 3 does it well.

Jay520 said:
You've played Uncharted 3 nine times...

totaling over 60 hours...

... of singleplayer?

... in three weeks?

You sir, need counseling

i played 90 Hrs of Skyrim in 2 Weeks. all a thing of management. ? ;D

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
Jay520 said:

... of singleplayer?

... in three weeks?

You sir, need counseling

Skyrim, that's okay. But Uncharted 3, that's just repetitive.

Crystalchild said:
Jay520 said:

... of singleplayer?

... in three weeks?

You sir, need counseling

One is an amazing linear experience that lasts 7-8 hours. The other is a huge ass rpg that lasts like atleast 250-300 hours. Do you understand how amazed I am by playing the exact same experience (minus some gameplay parts) over and over again XD?

Aldro said:
Crystalchild said:
Jay520 said:

... of singleplayer?

... in three weeks?

You sir, need counseling

One is an amazing linear experience that lasts 7-8 hours. The other is a huge ass rpg that lasts like atleast 250-300 hours. Do you understand how amazed I am by playing the exact same experience (minus some gameplay parts) over and over again XD?

But how could you play the same thing over and over again? Don't you get nightmares?