By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - RROD failures mean,PS3 has already outsold 360

As the 360 vs PS3 sales gap has been decreasing over the past 2 years,everybody has been predicting when the PS3 will outsell the 360

As of September 2011,the official gap was 2.07million and VGC gap was 2.5million.

In all this predicting atleast i forgot the RROD failures which have accumulated alot of double or triple sales for 360.People were already saying this when the sales gap was 5m last year but many people said that RROD repurchases couldn't be so high even though there is high probability of higher than 5million even.

They srely can't say the same right now.

So PS3 is the new 2nd Place

Around the Network

Yeah that is also what an article said about more active PS3 consoles but how come PS3 owners barely outsell X360's software if their are more PS3's?

kowenicki said:
How very original...

.....except that RROD's were replaced for free or repaired for free for up to 3 years.... unlike a YLOD.

shipments also tell us otherwise. MS cant count a replacement console as shipped... that would be fraud.

I like how you make out Microsoft are good guys extending their warrenty to 3 years..... you know unlike sony, those nasty people

Nothing to do with the fact that's the origional 360 was probably the worst put together console this gen, i sent mine back twice
They only got it right with the slim after a few years though

just a curious question, what year is the warrenty on the slim? has it gone back to one year?

Lostplanet22 said:
Yeah that is also what an article said about more active PS3 consoles but how come PS3 owners barely outsell X360's software if their are more PS3's?

sssttt... they are gonna use the "undertrackedz" bandwagon.....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I won't even bother with this one...

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Grasping at straws.

a) Replacement consoles MS sends you don't count as sales/shipments

b) If you went out and bought another one b/c yours red ringed...then why wouldn't that count as another sale?

terrible thread! Created just to flamebait.

Yawn... oh sorry, you were trying to make a good point?

Repairs don't count as newly sold consoles.
I've bought 2 consoles myself, they still both work, so it is == 2 sales.

Considering that I had to buy 3 Playstation 2's, the Wii has already outsold it, too!!