By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The walk of shame

Pay attention people. This is how you protest.  I once caught a small wiff of pepper spray and couldn't stop coughing for an hour.  That's dedication.

Now what is this all about?

Around the Network
maximus22 said:

Now what is this all about?

Found this page with the summary.

http://studentactivism.net/2011/11/20/ten-things-you-should-know-about-fridays-uc-davis-police-violence/

Galaki said:
Salnax said:
Oh my. What did she do to deserve this?

She made this happen.

Of course the part nobody reports on is the fact that the students had encircled the cops after they arrested somebody and were trying to leave with the prisoners.  To allow them through  the seated protesters would have to move.  Hence why the above link is crap.

There were one of four options there

1) Wait, and see if the crowd/mob gets worse/turns violent

2) Pepperspray your way out

3) Beat your way out

4) Let go of people who were arrested basically showing the police are worthless and leading to a general escalation that would likely lead to riots.

Pepperspray was by far the best option avaiable. 

Kasz216 said:
Galaki said:
Salnax said:

She made this happen.

Of course the part nobody reports on is the fact that the students had encircled the cops after they arrested somebody and were trying to leave with the prisoners.  To allow them through  the seated protesters would have to move.  Hence why the above link is crap.

3) Beat your way out

4) Let go of people who were arrested basically showing the police are worthless and leading to a general escalation that would likely lead to riots.

Those kids were sitting down. Unless one of the officers was particularly short, they could have just stepped over them

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
Kasz216 said:
Galaki said:
Salnax said:

She made this happen.

3) Beat your way out

Those kids were sitting down. Unless one of the officers was particularly short, they could have just stepped over them

Your going tor step over people WITH prisoners in tow?

Around the Network

How did those hippies knew that somebody had been arrested? And what has it got to do with Davis Cup?

I was kettled for hours in the London student protests; not as much fun as it sounds!

Sun-Tzuing my way to the necessary 100 posts - Sorry!

spurgeonryan said:
d21lewis said:
Holy fuck! I've been pepper sprayed and I ran to water like a little bitch. Those kids just sat there and held hands!

I do not know how close pepper spray is to CS Gas, but I have been gases a few times, and it burns like hell! Plus it burns your whole body, including your lungs. I would think water would make pepper spray worse? It certainly makes the gas worse!

Nah.  In fact, you could get in trouble if you spray someone and don't rinse them off in a timely manner.  Gotta rinse the OC off and then let the air dry it.  Of course, after that initial spray is gone and you feel normal again, that shower/bath you take later is going to feel like getting sprayed again!

I've been lucky to never have to endure CS gas (I know some military branches force you to) but I'd gladly choose being tased three times over being pepper sprayed once if I had a choice.