By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This Video Demonstrates Just How Precise The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword Controls Are

These guys and the "WiiViewer" are the only people i watch on youtube for some Nintendo news, the others just talk too much about sales and what should nintendo do to outsell the competition. (yes i'm looking at you nintendo3DSnews)

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
selnor said:
I used to be the BIGGEST Zelda fan going.

I have finished every Zelda game upto Majoras Mask.

Including the original Gameboy version.

I look at this video and want so much to love it. An I know you will all hate me, but I want the graphics diretion of where Zelda was going before WW. Ocarina of Time was more serious and grownup. WW was so drawnback in terms of storytelling, look and even the puzzles were to easy for me.

I'm sorry, but I'm more guutted I feel this way than all you current Ninty fans will feel that I think this.
Hell I wrote an 8th grade paper on Ninteno loved them that much..

Wow how times change.

I actually think the art style looks like a 3D version of that found in ALttP.  If art style matters that much to you, did you love TP?

Nintendo lost me at Windwaker and Mario Sunsine.

Since then I havent played through any Ninty fist party games. 

I owned a Gamecube 2 months before my country got it. I bought a switchable Amercan/Japanese GC for double the price UK released at. I was a massive Ninty fan. 

The games became to easy for me, and where before Nintendo  always lead the way with visuals and contrary to popular belief throghout the N64 period and Snes to some degree, NIntendo titles grew up and were darker as there Nes fanbase grew older. I enjoy any games, is not that I am a prude to colourful games or anything. The games just got way to easy and some of my fave franchises went horrily wrong. 

WTF happened to my beloved Starfox series. The GC game was a joke.

Looks great! :D

I saw this guy's other vid too

One of the youtube comments:
Some guy: Nice job shooting that guy in the butthole with an arrow. :)
Vid Uploader: I aim to please. ;)

While the controls work most of the time, I noticed several times that the tracking didn't work. i slashed vertically, and Link still sliced horizontally and the other way around. It happens only on around 1 of 50 slashes, but it's still annoying.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Sorry, but the screen pointing is a massive disaster, I can't even get it to work.

/ Gamespot

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:

Looks great! :D

I saw this guy's other vid too

One of the youtube comments:
Some guy: Nice job shooting that guy in the butthole with an arrow. :)
Vid Uploader: I aim to please. ;)

HAHAHA!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Some people are ignorant and have no clue. Thats why they make up crap about motion controls of some systems not being Precise.

there so delusional they come up with BS statements to sound intelligent when there clearly not and the worse part is that they never even bothered to play the damn game.

I'm annoyed that a game with controls like this is coming out after it's clear Nintendo wants to dump the Wii to play with their new specs on other systems.

Nintendo should have been pumping out games that show off the Motion Plus since WSR was released (not just this, Fling Smash, and Wii Party Motion). Then they wouldn't have had to worry about any losses last fiscal year, they would be selling so many more Wiis and Wii games (and Sony would have better Move games instead of dropping the ball after it was clear Nintendo was).

So I'm not bashing the controls here. I'm stating this should not have been basically all the Wii customers are getting.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs