By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Online play to be charged on ps4?

Will online play be charged on ps4?

Yes 108 47.79%

No 98 43.36%

I don't bother 20 8.85%

Total:226

If Nintendo cared about me they would release TLS and Xenoblade in America. I don't care if they care about me though. I care about myself and the developers they fuck over. So I import!

Around the Network

Every company will charge for online next gen, I'm certain of it

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Pretty sure they will. All the free onliners will have to migrate to Nintendo and put up with their god-awful online "service" to get their free internet gaming fix lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

i hope not!

and i wonder why Sony just didn't call it PlayStation Underground like the old days? i always thought that name was better than PlayStation Plus

but that's just me

Selling their console at a loss, giving the consumer free online, free games (Free Realms, DCU Online, etc.), buying game studios and putting out quality exclusives, internet browsers, Blu Ray, download sharing, etc.--giving the consumer everything they could ask for has done NOTHING to help Sony.

Nintendo gives a half ass online service on a weaker system makes money like crazy.
Microsoft charges for online, lets third parties run rampant and unchecked and their system makes money like crazy.

Sony had better charge for online. In fact, Sony had better run their business like a fucking business instead of pandering to people who
a) don't buy their games
b) take advantage of their file sharing set up
c) use their services free of charge (Home, etc.)

Sony fans boast about features but don't support the company with money like Nintendo and Microsoft's fanbase. Sony needs to stop being polite and start getting real.

Around the Network

saw thread title and imdiataly knew it was from 360 fan and was like

read the pros and was like

read the cons and was like

awww you 360 guys, keep on bringing teh laughs XD

Wagram said:
I don't know. Financially it would be a very smart move. They would probably lose some loyalty with fans though. Can't say I would pay for it either. I prefer the bonus deal with PS plus rather than kissing the companies ass for a service that should be free.

Why should it be free? Considering everything that is included in the service, I think £40 a year as a subscription is pretty fair. If they are providing you with a product or service, why do you think you should get access for nothing?

They won't charge for online gaming. Seems 360 fans haven't known this for a while, but PSN already has an answer for paid subscription of Gold and that is called as PS +.

Common sense tells you that they won't charge for online game play. And no, there is no "service offered" when you are playing online. You are using the devs servers and your own internet connection when playing online.

SecondWar said:
Wagram said:
I don't know. Financially it would be a very smart move. They would probably lose some loyalty with fans though. Can't say I would pay for it either. I prefer the bonus deal with PS plus rather than kissing the companies ass for a service that should be free.

Why should it be free? Considering everything that is included in the service, I think £40 a year as a subscription is pretty fair. If they are providing you with a product or service, why do you think you should get access for nothing?

What exactly should I have to pay for? I paid for the $59.99 game which should give me access to the servers the developers/publishers set up for me to play the game on. I shouldn't be forced to use a console manufacturers online structure because they want to make a profit on something that should be free.

I hope they dont but I think they will.

BTW, If you play Dark Souls on X360 without Xbox Live gold, cant you play online?