By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft CES news

I think the big news was around the IP TV stuff and how it is gaining momentum... BT is going to distribute 360's with their service.

The potential here is to sell 360's as part of all IP TV subscriptions. Paint BT IP TV subscribers with 360's...

I hope ioi has a line on tracking these in the sales chartz.

Around the Network

Disney and MGM movie downloads on LIVE ... that's the big news.

*Yawn*

At least the woman in purple and those fugly boots was cute - but the blue Mr. Roger's sweater on Bach PHAILED big time.

And Slash looked like a granddaddy on crack.

*You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby!*

NeoRatt said:
I think the big news was around the IP TV stuff and how it is gaining momentum... BT is going to distribute 360's with their service.

The potential here is to sell 360's as part of all IP TV subscriptions. Paint BT IP TV subscribers with 360's...

I hope ioi has a line on tracking these in the sales chartz.

In terms of news, that was what struck me the most too, but I didn't watch the whole conference.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

What did slash do exactly?

Sam Yikin said:
What did slash do exactly?

He shilled himself out for Microsoft....nothing new for him.  

Around the Network
madskillz said:

*Yawn*

At least the woman in purple and those fugly boots was cute - but the blue Mr. Roger's sweater on Bach PHAILED big time.

Well maybe M$ really doesn't have any big announcents for 360 this year...interesting...

Can someone tell me the prices for download rentals of stuff on live?  I assume it's cheaper than blockbuster...I would hope so considering that is their big news. 

windbane said:
madskillz said:

*Yawn*

Well maybe M$ really doesn't have any big announcents for 360 this year...interesting...

Can someone tell me the prices for download rentals of stuff on live? I assume it's cheaper than blockbuster...I would hope so considering that is their big news.

I'm not sure of all the rentals or how it works but 300 in HD is 600-800 points i can't remember.  Which is about $7-$10 or something.  

In the US, high def moves on XBLM are $6 or $6.25, can't remember.

I have only rented one, though. That's a little pricey and they take forever to download, even with my 5mb connection.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/