By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita screen uses Samsung AMOLED

That's great news if true, in my experience Samsung makes amazing screens.

^_^

Around the Network

This is great news because the AMOLED screen on my Galaxy S2 on maximum brightness is truely a sight to behold.

It being on the PS Vita is a brilliant move as the screen is practically made for gaming imo.

disolitude said:
Turkish said:
Why are you surprised? We know Vita used an AMOLED screen since january, who else besides Samsung promotes AMOLED displays?

Apple doesn't make iPhones, Samsung does. Why don't you open a thread about it too?

Samsung may provide some parts like the GPU or RAM chips but they have nothing to do with the iphone.

Foxconn puts everything together, apple provides software obviously and LG/Toshiba make the retina display. You can make a case for those companies that they make the iphone...but not Samsung...

hmmm ok samsung builds the parts o the iphone 4 which cost 26% of the whole phone costs so 1/4 is samsung but you think they have nothing to do with the iphone? but he could say lg/toshiba make the iphone because of parts less worth, okay makes much sense to me.

http://youtu.be/gLeB3z-RsSE

UltimateUnknown said:
This is great news because the AMOLED screen on my Galaxy S2 on maximum brightness is truely a sight to behold.

It being on the PS Vita is a brilliant move as the screen is practically made for gaming imo.

WTH man. This is "supposed" to be negative Sony news!

/s

Around the Network
Galaki said:
ithis said:
"expected to", that's not exactly confirmation now is it. It has been known that the screen will be OLED, I presumed Sony's own, but maybe cost wise it makes more sense to buy the screens from the mass producer samsung no?

They could reduce the cost at their own pace when it's getting cheaper.

Also, wouldn't it be wise to make your own tech visible, so that they could get some buyers to use their own OLED tech?

truly, who pays attention to what make screen it is?

Just us, just us.

Most everyone else will think it's a Sony screen.

Dallinor said:
Galaki said:

Yup. You figured it out. I spent every waking moment to scour the webz for negative Sony news. I went as far as forcing them to use Samsung tech just so I could make a post about it.

I don't exactly keep tabs on your posting history, but you do seem to post a decent amount of negative Sony news, and troll the PS3 and it's games from time to time.

I hope it's all in good fun, otherwise...I feel bad for you.

I've never noticed Galaki do that.

He does troll the Japanese population though.

top dog for screens overall or for vita? for vita yeah i thoughht they will produce their own even if i knew about the tv screen "problematic" but overall it's over some years now that samsung almost killed his competition with high quality screens in every sector.

Galaki said:
ithis said:
"expected to", that's not exactly confirmation now is it. It has been known that the screen will be OLED, I presumed Sony's own, but maybe cost wise it makes more sense to buy the screens from the mass producer samsung no?

They could reduce the cost at their own pace when it's getting cheaper.

Also, wouldn't it be wise to make your own tech visible, so that they could get some buyers to use their own OLED tech?

as SONY's OLED tech is advanced and very expensive and hasn't reached the proper cost

Samasung's OLED tech is a bit cheap plus its in mass production already.

SONY's better OLED tech will come to makret when it is sheap to make it for bigs screens and so will samsung's better old tech,samsung also has a better OLED tech like SONY in R&d

I have a Super AMOLED screen on my Samsung Focus. This screen is amazing and IMO is one of the coolest features in the Vita. Once they figure out how to make these screens larger they are going to be everywhere.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E