By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Skyrim becomes unplayable after 6MB+ save file.

yo_john117 said:
MRKs said:
yo_john117 said:
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:
Seriously though Skyrim is such a good game that the bugs don't even really matter. Probably 95% of the people who play Skyrim won't have any problems and even way less than that will have game breaking problems

So really if you bring that game back you are just doing a disservice to yourself.

He did a disservice to himself by buying it in the first place. If you don't like WRPGs, there's really no point in buying Skyrim.

That's true if you don't like WRPGs...but who in their right mind doesn't like WRPGs?!

Me :P

Does this happen also on PC version or only PS3? I read the title but I want to make sure 

It only happens to the PS3 as far as I can tell.

Yo John is correct. This is an isolated issue on the PS3 version only.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
Well... I just experienced a bug that ruins an entire guild section of the game and at the moment there's no fix besides loading to a point earlier in the game where you get the quest right away. Apparently you can't do any quests other than this quest when you get it or else it causes this quest to glitch as in people you're supposed to meet in a specific location simply don't show up at said location. To complete this quest successfully I have to load back to a time before I got it which is about 12 hours ago in game time.

For a game vying for the top spot of my favourite game of all time, this glitch has really spoiled my experience.

Which guild is that? Good to know, I never follow up on quests right away. I usually gather them up then spend a while running around the map completing them based on proximity.

I can't even go 12 hours back :( I only use 3 saves.

My save file is over 6 MB now and I haven't experienced any bugs related to it. Hope I don't, either.

Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:
Seriously though Skyrim is such a good game that the bugs don't even really matter. Probably 95% of the people who play Skyrim won't have any problems and even way less than that will have game breaking problems

So really if you bring that game back you are just doing a disservice to yourself.

You act as if they should just get a free pass though. They are selling us unfinished products and then only patch half the problems. The fact is that this shit shouldn't be released unless these problems are not existant. They obviously don't care about their fans.

You're going a bit far there. 

It is without a doubt that Skyrim has bugs on all platforms but calling it an unfinished inexcusable product is really stretching it.  FFXIV is a perfect example of what you could be talking about, not-so-much Skyrim.

I would be willing to be except for the things that have actual repro steps like this save bug, most of the talk you hear about game breaking bugs (especially on the PC) are way overexaggerated stretch case bugs or things like someone running it on the PC with a bad rig or something else interfering.

Most of the people bitching and moaning about the game being an unfinished mess or unplayable are really just being massive drama queens.

twesterm said:
Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:

You act as if they should just get a free pass though. They are selling us unfinished products and then only patch half the problems. The fact is that this shit shouldn't be released unless these problems are not existant. They obviously don't care about their fans.

You're going a bit far there. 

It is without a doubt that Skyrim has bugs on all platforms but calling it an unfinished inexcusable product is really stretching it.  FFXIV is a perfect example of what you could be talking about, not-so-much Skyrim.

I would be willing to be except for the things that have actual repro steps like this save bug, most of the talk you hear about game breaking bugs (especially on the PC) are way overexaggerated stretch case bugs or things like someone running it on the PC with a bad rig or something else interfering.

Most of the people bitching and moaning about the game being an unfinished mess or unplayable are really just being massive drama queens.

FFXIV is an unfinished product and so is Skyrim. Not to the extent that the game is unfinished but rather they have done little to none debugging. Then again a lot of games nowadays are like that but that doesn't mean they should get a slap on the wrist because that's the new trend. That applies to all devs and not just Bethesda though.

Around the Network

I am glad I bought it for the Xbox 360 instead of the PS3. I hear the same thing happened with Fallout 3.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

I got through F:NV without the framerate bug, but not through F3. It got pretty bad, it's the reason i stopped playing it.
Anyway, never played an elder scroll game, probably won't give this a go either; Bethesda game bugs are ridiculous.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

My save file is 6mb+, haven't experienced this yet. *knock on wood*

However, with people bashing Bethesda (not sure if serious or troll), pretty sad, considering this is one of the best games I've played this generation, IMO.
Plus, the scale and the depth of this game it's bound to have glitches and bugs. When you can create something better, then come speak big words.

damn....now i'm afraid to put in my copy....will play AC: Revelations until a patch comes out(hopefully)

Too bad. I was considering on getting a copy for my ps3.