By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Skyrim becomes unplayable after 6MB+ save file.

GTA4 is a much simpler game in terms of memory. You go 1 block and everything you caused behind you has been reset. I haven't noticed anything disappearing yet in Skyrim.

I'm lvl 20 now and everything still works fine, except for the odd glitch. I almost got killed because my left hand stopped working on more then one occasion. After activating the menu I can use it again. Pretty annoying when you expect ward or healing to work and it doesn't.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:
Seriously though Skyrim is such a good game that the bugs don't even really matter. Probably 95% of the people who play Skyrim won't have any problems and even way less than that will have game breaking problems

So really if you bring that game back you are just doing a disservice to yourself.

You act as if they should just get a free pass though. They are selling us unfinished products and then only patch half the problems. The fact is that this shit shouldn't be released unless these problems are not existant. They obviously don't care about their fans.

I'm not saying it should get a free pass per say, I'm simply stating that it's a good enough game where you could overlook the negative because the positive outweighs it so much that it's somewhat of a non-issue because, I garantee you will not notice really any glitches or bugs (unless you are purposely looking for them)

And as far as I can tell the problems are mostly non-existant because your chances of having something bad happen (especially game breaking bad) are extremely low.

I've stopped playing because of the glitches, I'll keep playing in 6 months time when the game is finished.

SvennoJ said:
Sucks, and switching to the pc version doesn't seem fool proof either with regular crashes to desktop reported.
Uninstalled 360 version is the way to go then?
Oh well I guess I'll just wait for a patch when it hits, plenty of other things to play.

Maybe retailers should step up and refund defective product and send it back to the publisher, like steam did when from dust lied about always on DRM.
There is nothing stopping publishers right now from releasing broken games. Reviewers certainly don't mark games down for them not being able to be played onto completion at launch.

I don't actually know anyone that has had crash problems with Skyrim and of the many people I actually know playing the game, we all have PC.  My only gripe has been no Steam cloud saving.

So checking around the net people say that it gets fixed if you just delete some save files? If you have more than ten save files maybe delete some of them if you have the issue.

Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:
Seriously though Skyrim is such a good game that the bugs don't even really matter. Probably 95% of the people who play Skyrim won't have any problems and even way less than that will have game breaking problems

So really if you bring that game back you are just doing a disservice to yourself.

You act as if they should just get a free pass though. They are selling us unfinished products and then only patch half the problems. The fact is that this shit shouldn't be released unless these problems are not existant. They obviously don't care about their fans.

well said!

Around the Network

I'm running it on a crappy Sempron 2800 with 1.5gb ddr400 ram, played for about 15 hours and I've had no crashes to desktop or any kind of major bug.

At first running in the world for a while would cause objects and textures to stop loading (simply saving and loading the would solve this), but starting the game from command line at high priority did away with that (as well as reducing the initial loading time at least ten-fold).

Besides, the game auto-saves all the time, you probably wouldn't loose more than 10 minutes from a major crash.

Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:
Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:

I'm not saying it should get a free pass per say, I'm simply stating that it's a good enough game where you could overlook the negative because the positive outweighs it so much that it's somewhat of a non-issue because, I garantee you will not notice really any glitches or bugs (unless you are purposely looking for them)

And as far as I can tell the problems are mostly non-existant because your chances of having something bad happen (especially game breaking bad) are extremely low.

Bugs/Glitches distract me. They take away the immersion. Enslaved was a recent game I played that I really enjoyed but I couldn't fully enjoy it due to all the issues it had.

That's just the thing though....your chances of actually encountering glitches or bugs are very low.

scottie said:
yo_john117 said:
Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:

I've stopped playing because of the glitches, I'll keep playing in 6 months time when the game is finished.

Well you are one of the unlucky few.

yo_john117 said:
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

He did a disservice to himself by buying it in the first place. If you don't like WRPGs, there's really no point in buying Skyrim.

That's true if you don't like WRPGs...but who in their right mind doesn't like WRPGs?!

Me :P

Does this happen also on PC version or only PS3? I read the title but I want to make sure 

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

MRKs said:
yo_john117 said:
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

He did a disservice to himself by buying it in the first place. If you don't like WRPGs, there's really no point in buying Skyrim.

That's true if you don't like WRPGs...but who in their right mind doesn't like WRPGs?!

Me :P

Does this happen also on PC version or only PS3? I read the title but I want to make sure 

It only happens to the PS3 as far as I can tell.