By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Skyrim becomes unplayable after 6MB+ save file.

Bethesda and bugs, has it ever been any different? I had trouble with glitches and bugs with nearly every Bethesda game.

Around the Network

Just got back from Gamestop. Decided rather than getting a refund, I would just swap it out for a X360 copy. Sucks that I will not be able to trophy hunt but I do want to give the game a shot.

yo_john117 said:
Seriously though Skyrim is such a good game that the bugs don't even really matter. Probably 95% of the people who play Skyrim won't have any problems and even way less than that will have game breaking problems

So really if you bring that game back you are just doing a disservice to yourself.

You act as if they should just get a free pass though. They are selling us unfinished products and then only patch half the problems. The fact is that this shit shouldn't be released unless these problems are not existant. They obviously don't care about their fans.

oniyide said:
yo_john117 said:
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

That's true if you don't like WRPGs...but who in their right mind doesn't like WRPGs?!

People who appreciate bugfree games and logical classifications for character stats.

But the open world (it's nigh impossible to get near bugfree games if they are open world) and the huge amount of epicness more than makes up for it.

Also there is no such thing as a "bugfree game"

this is nonsense IMHO, there are quite a few open world games that dont have anywhere near the problems of these Fallout/ES games.  GTA4, Just Cause 2 is huge and not that much issues. Hell, GTAs for PSP I didnt have an issue with those

Just like Skyrim doesn't have very many issues.

I had some problems with Fallout 3 but nothing in this game, and I'm certainly not the only one. Like I said before, the people that have problems with Skyrim are in the hugely vast minority.

yo_john117 said:
oniyide said:
yo_john117 said:
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

That's true if you don't like WRPGs...but who in their right mind doesn't like WRPGs?!

People who appreciate bugfree games and logical classifications for character stats.

But the open world (it's nigh impossible to get near bugfree games if they are open world) and the huge amount of epicness more than makes up for it.

this is nonsense IMHO, there are quite a few open world games that dont have anywhere near the problems of these Fallout/ES games.  GTA4, Just Cause 2 is huge and not that much issues. Hell, GTAs for PSP I didnt have an issue with those

Just like Skyrim doesn't have very many issues.

I had some problems with Fallout 3 but nothing in this game, and I'm certainly not the only one. Like I said before, the people that have problems with Skyrim are in the hugely vast minority.

considering the track record of these games and the fact it just came out, I doubt that this is just a minority problem.  But hell, i havent played it yet so who knows.  I did play Fallout3 and that had all kinds of issues, even after i updated it.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
yo_john117 said:
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

Yeah but their was not really much game anymore in GTA 4 and yes their were glitches....the catch is the most are rather funny glitches and they outdid themself with Red dead redemption...Basically every week their was an top ten glitches video...  just cause 2 had glitches they only never reached the masses because the game was not that popular in the first place...And GTA's for PSP -_- no glitches?  

Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:
Seriously though Skyrim is such a good game that the bugs don't even really matter. Probably 95% of the people who play Skyrim won't have any problems and even way less than that will have game breaking problems

So really if you bring that game back you are just doing a disservice to yourself.

You act as if they should just get a free pass though. They are selling us unfinished products and then only patch half the problems. The fact is that this shit shouldn't be released unless these problems are not existant. They obviously don't care about their fans.

I'm not saying it should get a free pass per say, I'm simply stating that it's a good enough game where you could overlook the negative because the positive outweighs it so much that it's somewhat of a non-issue because, I garantee you will not notice really any glitches or bugs (unless you are purposely looking for them)

And as far as I can tell the problems are mostly non-existant because your chances of having something bad happen (especially game breaking bad) are extremely low.

Lostplanet22 said:
oniyide said:
yo_john117 said:
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

Yeah but their was not really much game anymore in GTA 4 and yes their were glitches....the catch is the most are rather funny glitches and they outdid themself with Red dead redemption...Basically every week their was an top ten glitches video...  just cause 2 had glitches they only never reached the masses because the game was not that popular in the first place...And GTA's for PSP -_- no glitches?  

I was going to reply to him but you summed up what I was going to say rather nicely. 

So you saved me from an unnecessary pos....oh wait.

yo_john117 said:
Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:

I'm not saying it should get a free pass per say, I'm simply stating that it's a good enough game where you could overlook the negative because the positive outweighs it so much that it's somewhat of a non-issue because, I garantee you will not notice really any glitches or bugs (unless you are purposely looking for them)

And as far as I can tell the problems are mostly non-existant because your chances of having something bad happen (especially game breaking bad) are extremely low.

Bugs/Glitches distract me. They take away the immersion. Enslaved was a recent game I played that I really enjoyed but I couldn't fully enjoy it due to all the issues it had.

yo_john117 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
oniyide said:
yo_john117 said:
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

I was going to reply to him but you summed up what I was going to say rather nicely. 

So you saved me from an unnecessary pos....oh wait.

Well no worries, he clearly forgot that their was an GTA 4 Pc version that was unplayable for many months for a lot of persons...oh god their was so much hate.