By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

ethomaz said:
DanneSandin said:

I'm seriously getting worried about Wii U. Could it actually be so weak that it won't be able to play next gen games???

Weak? No. The Wii U just can't handle next gen content... for this gen content it will do better than PS360.

It'll be too weak to handle next gen, and I don't care for that. Not at all. da fuq nintendo??

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
HoloDust said:

Thanks for clarification - I was leaning toward Redwood (it's 104mm^2 @40nm), but now I''m thinking they might've gone with 6550D - I think that's pretty much the same chip, just shrank to 32nm, and put into their A8 APUs.

Not likely.

AMD have said that WiiU's GPU was a 40nm one, and only GloFo (that I know) had gone with the 32nm with the whole GPU chips industry (basically TSMC) skipped the 32nm process and went straigh from 40 to 28nm.

Hm, well back to square one with guessing game I suppose:

a) Turks based (480:24:8 config) - 118mm^2@40nm

b) Redwood based (400:20:8 config) - 104mm^2@40nm

c) anyone any other idea (@40nm < 119mm^2)?

HoloDust said:
Hm, well back to square one with guessing game I suppose:

a) Turks based (480:24:8 config) - 118mm^2@40nm

b) Redwood based (400:20:8 config) - 104mm^2@40nm

c) anyone any other idea (@40nm < 119mm^2)?

I think Turks and Redwood are the best choices for now.

hey chunk isn't it time to update the Wii U specs and remove the ARM multi-core processor for OS?

we have confirmation about the specs??

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

We had a teardown, which didn't show that there was an ARM processor dedicated to the OS on the Wii U.  -__- 

So we still don't know too much about it??

yep, not real benchmarks yet to define the CPU/GPU beyond the estimations we've always had.

oni-link said:
DanneSandin said:

We had a teardown, which didn't show that there was an ARM processor dedicated to the OS on the Wii U.  -__- 

Actually, if you followed some teardowns, they talk about an extra chip on the MCM.

Anandtech wrote this:

"There are actually three components on this single package, made in at least two different microprocessor fabs. The multicore PowerPC based CPU is the smaller of the two larger chips. This die is made on IBM's 45nm SOI process. The RV7xx derived GPU is the biggest die on the package, and I'm presuming it was made on a 40nm process. I'm assuming the very tiny die in the corner is actually some off-chip memory."

Now the question is, what does that tiny die do?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

superchunk said:
Jay520 said:
wait the nextbox is confirmed blu ray? Cooll

Nope. That's one of the parts I am using common sense. MS will definitely continue to push for media features and bluray is the logical choice.

lol if Microsoft uses Blu Ray after trying to help kill it tag teaming with HDVD, they need to make Sony a sandwich before they can join the club. >:)-