By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your favourite Star Wars movie, and why?

The Wrath of Khan!!

I kid! I kid!! It's a toss up between the original (A New Hope) and Episode III. Really, I like to think of the Star Wars Saga as one big movie. Probably every couple of months, I watch all six episodes in one big marathon session. -Totally satisfying!!

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
tmbh said:

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

I enjoyed the sequals alot. I like what they do with the story and Jedi has a good final battle and conclusion.

These are the best in my opinion, when these films came out they were doing new and exciting things with story telling and of course special effects. There is a definite sense of excitement and adventure when watching these films something that is lacking in all of the most recent films.

The recent prequal trilogy is awefu. The only thing I can say about those films is that Phantom Menace starts it off in a terrible fashion and some small improvements can be seen in the following two sequals.

Also worth noting that I prefer the original versions of the films not the bastardised newer versions.

POP QUIZ:

Out of the three most recent films (Phantom Menance, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith) how many of these films were changed (bastardised) for their DVD release?

Answers in this thread please.

I agree with you.  It was better when Han fired first and the stormtroopers just realized it was 8 on 2 instead of running into like 50 stormtroopers.

As for the pop quiz, I know there were sparks added to Jango's backpack in Episode II when Mace was going to behead him. I think Ep III had some changes as well. I'll get back to you on that one.

I don't like any of them. First 3's too old. Phantom menace was too long with a lame kid. Attack of clones? (new 2nd one) with robot actor that speaks in mono tone, last one, lame lame lame story.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

empire strikes back because it was so well directed

d21lewis said:
Kasz216 said:
tmbh said:

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

I enjoyed the sequals alot. I like what they do with the story and Jedi has a good final battle and conclusion.

These are the best in my opinion, when these films came out they were doing new and exciting things with story telling and of course special effects. There is a definite sense of excitement and adventure when watching these films something that is lacking in all of the most recent films.

The recent prequal trilogy is awefu. The only thing I can say about those films is that Phantom Menace starts it off in a terrible fashion and some small improvements can be seen in the following two sequals.

Also worth noting that I prefer the original versions of the films not the bastardised newer versions.

POP QUIZ:

Out of the three most recent films (Phantom Menance, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith) how many of these films were changed (bastardised) for their DVD release?

Answers in this thread please.

I agree with you. It was better when Han fired first and the stormtroopers just realized it was 8 on 2 instead of running into like 50 stormtroopers.

As for the pop quiz, I know there were sparks added to Jango's backpack in Episode II when Mace was going to behead him. I think Ep III had some changes as well. I'll get back to you on that one.

My order of favourites

Episode IV

Episode V

Episode VI

Episode III

Episode II

Episode I 

As for the POP QUIZ:

All of them!! 

http://www.dvdactive.com/editorial/articles/star-wars-the-changes-part-four.html (Episode I, II & III DVD changes)

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges.html (2004 DVD CHanges of original films) 

http://www.dvdactive.com/editorial/articles/star-wars-the-changes-part-one.html 

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
empire strikes back because it was so well directed

Correct

I guess Episode VI is pretty good too because Darth Vader takes off his mask.

episode IV: A New Hope

This is the only SW movie that i can think of that can stand on its own and doesn't need the sequels or prequels. Also everything about this was great including the characters, plot, even the special effects were great at the time. I prefer to watch the original version over the new special edition with all the new added stuff. Some of that extra stuff just feels forced and doesn't really add anything to the movie.

The Empire Strikes Back... It has the best Star Wars plot twist by far.