By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshinori Ono insults Nintendo!

Tagged games:

sad

Around the Network
padib said:
@Thismeintel. Street Fighter not being staple of Nintendo is one of the oddest things I heard in a long time. A huge release on the SNES (as well as arcade), the game was a huge success on Nintendo's platform. If that's not considered staple, I don't know what is.

From Wikipedia:
"As of December 31, 2010, the SNES version of the original Street Fighter II is still the company's best-selling game, having sold more than 6.3 million units."

Also to note, the SNES got 3 version of it, while the Megadrive only got one.

I don't even know where to begin; the fact you don't know what you're saying, or the fact that you were just on the wikipedia page.

padib said:
RolStoppable said:

I am a bit confused by your post. It reads as if you think that the Mega Drive and Genesis were two separate consoles while it obviously was one and the same system. The former is its European name, the latter its American.

*Slaps himself

I confuse the Mega Drive with the Master System. To be fair I didn't care about the thing that much, and I was only 8 or 9 at the time. Okay, well that explains alot then. So yeah, there were two games for the Genesis/MEGA DRIVE (damn I almost did it again!), both it appears sold poorly.

Thanks Rol. 

bmmb1 said:
oniyide said:
oh man this is too funny. THis is the most misleading title i have seen in awhile. You say you could care less, then why take the time to even do this. "Capcom fans bought every Capcom game" really?? Cause there is a huge difference between the RE4, RE Chronicles and Tvs.C sales. Someone must have not bought something. No offense to your friend, but I call BS. You mean to tell me that this game is being released on 4 different systems and he doesnt have any of them and he is a Capcom fan?? Crap, if he was true fan he would have PS360/PC at least one of those. You know seeing as those are where the important Capcom games are released. Oh man, where has he been for the last two gens, the last time a Ninty system got an important game from Capcom, was RE4 and that got a better port for PS2 later.

First, OT, I totally disagree with the thread title, and I seriously, seriously doubt that more than a select few "Nintendo fans are freaking out" (...) over what is not even an insult.

As to "the last time a Ninty system got an important game from Capcom was RE4" - really? MH Tri, RE: Revelations (which despite not being a numbered RE gives all indications of being a major RE) and MH4 say hi. And, depending on your definition of important game, there may be a few additional examples.

my bad, you and that other guy are right. MH is big, i keep forgetting becasue i dont like that game. But my point is the NINty console have NOT been getting anywhere near the love or attention that the HDs or other systems have been getting since the SNES era. That was years ago, that might change soon, but for know it looks status quo

Around the Network

I already expected something like that.

It's Joelcool7 afterall. Sensationalism titles are his talent.

Meh....nothing to see here. Isn't posting misleading titles against the rules?

that is so true....you can not go by false statements on the internet...
plus he wants attention for his upcoming game.

spurgeonryan said:
KylieDog said:

Would you rather he say Nintendos console cannot even handle the title screen?

Hey! ...Now that is an insult. :P

I for one would not want anyone to say that.

what if it were true???

Joelcool7 said:

Well we all know of the next big fighting game a merger of two of the worlds most renowned fighting franchises coming together. Street Fighter X Tekken. The title was confirmed for 360/PS3 and Vita then later it was announced the title is coming to PC as well. A lot of fans of both franchises were wondering why the game won't be coming to Nintendo's platforms. There were rumors regarding the 3DS not being that good of a platform for development, but both Tekken and Street Fighter have titles for the console. The WiiU version had some interesting speculation.

So Yoshinori Ono the games producer recently interviewed was asked several questions about the upcoming game. Everyone was wondering what the reason was for Yoshinori to not support Nintendo's platforms. Everyone expected a thought out well manouvered statement that would explain why it isn't coming to Nintendo platforms. instead Ono states "There isn't any reason in particular actually." What? there is no reason why the game isn't coming to Nintendo's platforms?

Then why the hell isn't the game coming to Nintendo's platforms? Nintendo fans are freaking and rightly so, why wouldn't you release such a huge title on all three companies platforms especially if their isn't any reason preventing it. Fans expected some explanation instead are left wondering what the real issue is.

Many are taking this as a slap in the face of Nintendo consumers, what do you think? If their isn't really a reason the games aren't coming to Nintendo's platforms why aren't they?

Source

that can be said for many games yet to be released on all platforms.