By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console exclusive games which should get a PC port, and why...

PullusPardus said:
Play4Fun said:

PC gamers deserve nothing.

Having said that, asking Sony , MS and Nintendo to put their exclusives on PC is stupid.

uh, why is that?

Because exclusives are one of their competitive edge over each other? Not just something for fanboys to war over.

Nintendo themselves have already given their stance on making games for other platforms.

"put it on PC so the graphics and stuff can be better!' is a stupid argument BTW. Take the games the way they are on console if you cant get them on PC.

Graphics can always get better on any game.

Around the Network

Nintendo would only publish their games on PC if they stopped making consoles. They could make or buy a PC division and produce unique games for the PC. I don't see them going this route really since Nintendo is pretty much focused on controls. They would have to release some type of controls for the PC before they would produce their high caliber games on it. I suppose they could make some cheaper games (like WiiWare/3DSWare titles) that use the mouse and keyboard.

Play4Fun said:
PullusPardus said:
Play4Fun said:

PC gamers deserve nothing.

Having said that, asking Sony , MS and Nintendo to put their exclusives on PC is stupid.

uh, why is that?

Because exclusives are one of their competitive edge over each other? Not just something for fanboys to war over.

Nintendo themselves have already given their stance on making games for other platforms.

"put it on PC so the graphics and stuff can be better!' is a stupid argument BTW. Take the games the way they are on console if you cant get them on PC.

Graphics can always get better on any game.

i think this thread is a "What if" kind of thread, don't take it to seriously, besides, i see no harm in wondering what would they look like in different consoles/ PCs

kain_kusanagi said:
Get yourself an Xbox 360 if you want to play Alan Wake. It's a great game. Stop wishing it was on PC. It wouldn't be better on PC. Xbox 360 didn't hold it back, the devs did by working on it for 7 years.

PC has it's exclusives. Should they go to the consoles while consoles exclusives go to PC?

Maybe all platforms should have all games. Maybe there should just be one platform and Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and all the 3rd parties could just make games for that one super platform.

It could be called Platform Comprehensive, P.C. for short.

What a wonderfully non-competitive market it would be. PC gamers would be happy because all the silly console kids would be PC gamers like them. Sorry, I mean P.C. gamers like them.

What's the point of exclusives anyway? It's not like consumers choosing between products causes positive growth through healthy competition. And it's certainly not like if you want to play games unavailable on your platform you can just go out and buy another platform. I mean, we all know that by law, we have to choose one single platform and act like the rest are evil and ruining gaming.

It's fanboy wars or nothing right? Death to those don't get to play the games we claim to hate!

Amen , speak the truth .

RolStoppable said:
disolitude said:

Any Super Mario/Zelda/Metroid: Its about time for Nintendo to make some money on an offical PC ports of their best games as currently 1000's of people are playing superior versions of their games using Dolphin emulator in full HD.

Wow, really? Thousands of people? Sounds like a huge market after assuming that every pirated copy equals a lost sale.

Not everybody who emulates also pirated the game. I own all the games I emulate on Dolphin, for example. I won't argue that the majority pirates the games, though.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
Get yourself an Xbox 360 if you want to play Alan Wake. It's a great game. Stop wishing it was on PC. It wouldn't be better on PC. Xbox 360 didn't hold it back, the devs did by working on it for 7 years.

PC has it's exclusives. Should they go to the consoles while consoles exclusives go to PC?

Maybe all platforms should have all games. Maybe there should just be one platform and Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and all the 3rd parties could just make games for that one super platform.

It could be called Platform Comprehensive, P.C. for short.

What a wonderfully non-competitive market it would be. PC gamers would be happy because all the silly console kids would be PC gamers like them. Sorry, I mean P.C. gamers like them.

What's the point of exclusives anyway? It's not like consumers choosing between products causes positive growth through healthy competition. And it's certainly not like if you want to play games unavailable on your platform you can just go out and buy another platform. I mean, we all know that by law, we have to choose one single platform and act like the rest are evil and ruining gaming.

It's fanboy wars or nothing right? Death to those don't get to play the games we claim to hate!

You missed the point of the thread by a mile... Its not about PC stealing "exclusives" from consoles.

The point is for people who know the strenghts or PC gaming to discuss which non PC games would work best on that platform. You obviously don't have a clue about features that PC's can bring to your favorite console games, and thats fine... Things like mouse and keyboard, enhanced visuals, great 3D effects, multiple screens, Steam could enhance many console specific games.

BTW I do have 2 360s and have bought and beat Alan Wake within the first week of it coming out. Its a good game, but it would have been a better experience on the PC.

This shows that even in a non offensice, positive thread someone will come and take issue with it.. You an rolstoppable need to relax, no one is attacking your favorite videogame console manufacturer in this thread.

Mohasus said:
disolitude said:

Bayonetta: Bayonetta has a very clean look and lots of crazy effects on screen...this would look mindblowing on PC when using Nvidia 3D vision.

http://twitter.com/#!/PG_kamiya/statuses/11827452798 (Kamiya playing bayonetta in 3D)

I want it :(

Damn, thats awesome. Come on Kamiya, why are you holding out here on us? :)

RolStoppable said:

I am sorry, but apparently you missed the point of your own thread when you wrote the paragraph about Nintendo games. If the thread isn't meant to be about anything business related, you should leave any talk about money out of the discussion. I have no problem with talking about how Wii games can look better on the PC and the like. If I had, I would have jumped on you everytime you brought up the Dolphin emulator in the past (and you know that you did do that a lot).

I have no idea what your problem is today but I don't really feel like getting in to a pointless argument here.

All of them! Too bad it'll never happen :(

TBH, the vast majority of games are either already available or coming to the PC soon. Each console has exclusives, and aside from the 360, I wouldn't expect to be seeing them on the PC anytime soon (especially Mario/Zelda/Metroid etc. from Nintendo. The only way you're gonna be playing those games legally in the next decade or two is to buy the console).

Saying that, however, I'd like some of the PC ports to have the same level of care and attention to detail as the console equivalent, as some ports feel slightly watered-down for my liking.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.