By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World War 2:Who was the right one?

Who was right in the long term?

Soviet Union 31 15.98%

Nazi Germany 53 27.32%

USA\UK 110 56.70%

Total:194

Well the argument that the US and UK did some evil things therefore it means what Japan and Germany did was not that bad is silly.

No matter what the allies did, the axis powers acted in a very evil and cruel well beyond anything we ever did.

However we did a lot of bad things like bombing of Dresden and Tokyo and the atomic bombings. I do not know if it makes the allies evil, but shows just how horrid the Second world war was.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

Compared to what the Axis (Germany and Japan primarily) did, they were pretty darn innocent.

can you please name what that USA and UK did was innocent?

hell economic warfare is what cause war in the first place

just look at what happens today,you think terrosim came out of magic

Japan was nuts back in the day but they were actually only following UK and USA's lead of making their own empire

snakenobi said:
mrstickball said:

Compared to what the Axis (Germany and Japan primarily) did, they were pretty darn innocent.

can you please name what that USA and UK did was innocent?

hell economic warfare is what cause war in the first place

just look at what happens today,you think terrosim came out of magic

Japan was nuts back in the day but they were actually only following UK and USA's lead of making their own empire

My point was that the US nor UK never engaged in things like Unit 731, death marches, or raping entire cities. They comitted atrocities, but they paled in comparison to the size and scope of Japan and Germany.

Its an outright lie to say that economic warfare caused WW2 in the first place - not in the Pacific at least. Japan had been attacking and expanding its empire significantly during the early Showa period - which was well prior to us cutting off material. They knew they relied on the US, and that is why they began expanding their empire - not because we cut them off. Heck, Japan had annexed Korea in 1910 and half of the Shakalin Islands in 1905. To say they responded to America is totally blind to history.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:

My point was that the US nor UK never engaged in things like Unit 731, death marches, or raping entire cities. They comitted atrocities, but they paled in comparison to the size and scope of Japan and Germany.

yeah during the war Germany and japan were nuts

Its an outright lie to say that economic warfare caused WW2 in the first place - not in the Pacific at least. Japan had been attacking and expanding its empire significantly during the early Showa period - which was well prior to us cutting off material. They knew they relied on the US, and that is why they began expanding their empire - not because we cut them off.

yeah JAPAN was creating the empire on their own,when did i say they didn't

i was talking about the point that USA has no right to police the world

and that UK-US hegemony and empire was already there and what JAPAN did was not anything new as they could see other empire in the world

Heck, Japan had annexed Korea in 1910 and half of the Shakalin Islands in 1905. To say they responded to America is totally blind to history.

economic warfare is an empirical control method

for example if today there was no USA policing the world then there would be no wars or terrorism.

snakenobi said:
mrstickball said:

yeah during the war Germany and japan were nuts

Its an outright lie to say that economic warfare caused WW2 in the first place - not in the Pacific at least. Japan had been attacking and expanding its empire significantly during the early Showa period - which was well prior to us cutting off material. They knew they relied on the US, and that is why they began expanding their empire - not because we cut them off.

yeah JAPAN was creating the empire on their own,when did i say they didn't

i was talking about the point that USA has no right to police the world

and that UK-US hegemony and empire was already there and what JAPAN did was not anything new as they could see other empire in the world

Heck, Japan had annexed Korea in 1910 and half of the Shakalin Islands in 1905. To say they responded to America is totally blind to history.

economic warfare is an empirical control method

for example if today there was no USA policing the world then there would be no wars or terrorism.

.... Wasn't this ENTIRE discussion about WW2 and the events that led up to and around it? You are changing topics. You go from talking about the US and UK's atrocities in the war to the US policing the world. What are you going to discuss next?

Around the Network

What is the basis to say without America the world would be more peaceful?

Frankly a multi polar world will have far more tension and war I would imagine.

Gotta love modern day moral relativism. Germany wasn't TOTALLY wrong for starting a world war for the second time in as many decades and killing millions of Jews as well as bombing the shit out of half of Europe, because their original intentions of wanting to get their economy back on track were good, or something, and the USA was wrongly drawn into the war because of propaganda reasons WHAT?!?

I didn't realize the bombing of Pearl Harbor was just an elaborate propaganda campaign... boy, we totally overreacted to that, didn't we?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Snakenobi said:

"for example if today there was no USA policing the world then there would be no wars or terrorism."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh wait, you were being serious there??

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

mrstickball said:

.... Wasn't this ENTIRE discussion about WW2 and the events that led up to and around it? You are changing topics. You go from talking about the US and UK's atrocities in the war to the US policing the world. What are you going to discuss next?

are you talking about my terrorism remark,sorry i brought that up.i was just giving an example.

it is about WW2 and who's actions were justified.as its after WW2 when the whole middle east problem started and that it was all planned,see balfour declaration 1917 and transfer agreement 1933.

snakenobi said:
mrstickball said:

are you talking about my terrorism remark,sorry i brought that up.i was just giving an example.

it is about WW2 and who's actions were justified.as its after WW2 when the whole middle east problem started and that it was all planned,see balfour declaration 1917 and transfer agreement 1933.

I was refering to your US policing the world comment. You go from discussing who had the proper agenda in WW2 to modern political issues such as terrorism, US policing the world, and every other such thing at a whim. Either stick to the discussion - WW2 - or start a new thread. Otherwise, your arguments are going the way of death by a thousand cuts.

WW2 was a huge instigator for many post-war conflicts and problems. It wasn't just the Mid-East, it was Asia also after the Soviet Union's occupation of Manchuria which ensured Mao would control China, and a war between the Koreas would eventually break out. Additionally, you have the huge issue of post-war Europe polarization between NATO and Warsaw Pact countries.