By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World War 2:Who was the right one?

Who was right in the long term?

Soviet Union 31 15.98%

Nazi Germany 53 27.32%

USA\UK 110 56.70%

Total:194
Kasz216 said:

1) Pretty much everyone... including the Japanese.  The Japanese government was set up poorly as a brutal dictatorship that more or less tried to brainwash it's citzens. Brutal dictatorships don't do well economically.  If you'll note, the Chinese boom happens as they free up their government from their economy.

what are you discussing here?

what else is USA and uk,it is the same.any oligarchy.bailouts and other centralized federal planning don't happen in normal free market

stop dictating what is good or bad,let people decide

america wasn't founded without wars,if it was upto european kingdoms,people would be still enslaved.but america provided them a free place

and you're fighting against the same thing you are defending

2)  The US/UK didn't regulate anything.   What makes you think they did? They stopped trading with Japan, because Japan was acting like a dick, are you suggesting that countries shouldn't be allowed to control their own trade?  

countries should be but they shoudl not gang up

america has nothing to lose as it already has a big land so did Britain that time,what did they have all that land?

oh yeah by fucking people all around the world.

and you take nanking as their defense

and suddely japan want some more land and usa thinks they control it.

the banking system in uk and usa is what regulates things.hell they don't just fuck the world but they fuck their own people and enslave them.why do you think woodrow wilson gave the speech about hidden powers after WW1?

They didn't blockade japan before WW2 or anything.  If you don't like what someones doing it's only natural you move your buisness elsewhere.

3)  Your acting as if the US attacked Japan first.  Japan was the one who declared war on the USA.   At the time the "USA/UK" Hegemony didn't exist. 

what?

are you nuts,who the hell do you think controlled the FED and who sent USA and the world into a depression and made it bankrupt?

yeah that time USA's involvement was less as people were totally guided by propaganda and didn't have so much education.

but few people at the head of USA were still corrupt

After WW1 the US went into an isolationist state.  Had Japan not attacked them it's really questionable that the USA would of did anything.

isolation my ass

yeah propably 'people of usa' went isolated,not the banks

4) You don't find it moral or responsible to stop doing buisness with people you disagree with?   So if Nike for example uses child labor, it's immoral to stop buying Nike shoes, and the only moral action is to get a pistol and charge Nike HQ?

You have a strange sense of morality.

and you have a strage sense of thinking,not getting the root of the disease and just cut of the blood supply to the brain  

IF USA has the power to take such actions they should also have the responsibility for future not just leave it hanging or they will continue to face these types of things.

hell the main thing to go to war with iran is cause iran is trying to build a natural gas pipeline from iran to pakistan to india to china which will make those nations self reliant and bankers don't want that

Around the Network
Phobos said:

@TeddostheFireKing

On the quick I've found this text in english:

"When did the First World War end? Yes, that is a "catch-question." Virtually everybody will reply "November 1918;" but, in so doing, they will be wrong. That was the date on which hostilities on land ceased. On sea, however, although there was no more combat, the Allied (chiefly English) blockade of foodstuffs and other materials continued until July 11 1919, eight months after the Armistice was signed at Compiègne."

full text and source:

http://www.vho.org/GB/Journals/JHR/7/2/Hall231-236.html

Without this naval blockade, the new German Republic never had singed the dictation of Versailles -  euphemistically called "treaty" of Versailles.

Allies dictated Germany to singe or the naval blockade will remain. Because 100 000s of germans and austrians died of hunger AFTER nov 1918, they had to singe, if they dont want to loose more lifes.

thanks for the link, I'll try to order the book if I can, I'd very much like to learnt that part of history

snakenobi said:
Kasz216 said:

1) Pretty much everyone... including the Japanese.  The Japanese government was set up poorly as a brutal dictatorship that more or less tried to brainwash it's citzens. Brutal dictatorships don't do well economically.  If you'll note, the Chinese boom happens as they free up their government from their economy.

what are you discussing here?

what else is USA and uk,it is the same.any oligarchy.bailouts and other centralized federal planning don't happen in normal free market

stop dictating what is good or bad,let people decide

america wasn't founded without wars,if it was upto european kingdoms,people would be still enslaved.but america provided them a free place

and you're fighting against the same thing you are defending

2)  The US/UK didn't regulate anything.   What makes you think they did? They stopped trading with Japan, because Japan was acting like a dick, are you suggesting that countries shouldn't be allowed to control their own trade?  

countries should be but they shoudl not gang up

america has nothing to lose as it already has a big land so did Britain that time,what did they have all that land?

oh yeah by fucking people all around the world.

and you take nanking as their defense

and suddely japan want some more land and usa thinks they control it.

the banking system in uk and usa is what regulates things.hell they don't just fuck the world but they fuck their own people and enslave them.why do you think woodrow wilson gave the speech about hidden powers after WW1?

They didn't blockade japan before WW2 or anything.  If you don't like what someones doing it's only natural you move your buisness elsewhere.

3)  Your acting as if the US attacked Japan first.  Japan was the one who declared war on the USA.   At the time the "USA/UK" Hegemony didn't exist. 

what?

are you nuts,who the hell do you think controlled the FED and who sent USA and the world into a depression and made it bankrupt?

yeah that time USA's involvement was less as people were totally guided by propaganda and didn't have so much education.

but few people at the head of USA were still corrupt

After WW1 the US went into an isolationist state.  Had Japan not attacked them it's really questionable that the USA would of did anything.

isolation my ass

yeah propably 'people of usa' went isolated,not the banks

4) You don't find it moral or responsible to stop doing buisness with people you disagree with?   So if Nike for example uses child labor, it's immoral to stop buying Nike shoes, and the only moral action is to get a pistol and charge Nike HQ?

You have a strange sense of morality.

and you have a strage sense of thinking,not getting the root of the disease and just cut of the blood supply to the brain  

IF USA has the power to take such actions they should also have the responsibility for future not just leave it hanging or they will continue to face these types of things.

hell the main thing to go to war with iran is cause iran is trying to build a natural gas pipeline from iran to pakistan to india to china which will make those nations self reliant and bankers don't want that

1) That the japanese wouldn't of did it themselves?  The rest of what you've written seems completely out of place.

2)  Except you know, things had evolved past that then, thanks to World War 1.

3) ... what?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you seem to be argueing that the Great Depression was intentional... and caused by an international banking system.

4) Again, it's your opinion that it's immoral to stop buisness with people you disagree with, unless your willing to attack them?  So in otherwords, when we weren't willing to stop the genocide in rwanda... we should of been selling them machetes?

5) Why? It's not like the US gets oil from Iran currently.

If anything that would greatly benefit the US in any longterm conflict since that's the way most of the oil would traverse.... and a long ass pipeline like that through countries in massive stife would be easy pickings.

An Iran/Pakistan/Indian/Chinese pipeline would just be a stupid idea.

In reality, the reason the US is against the pipeline is because of iran.  Not the other way around.

If Iran is supplying them via pipeline rather then shipments it puts more pressure on the US to not bomb Iran in case of nuclear powerplants.  Because the gas pipeline could be put in the way.

Although your biggest mistake in this is that it's not an Oil Pipline beieng discussed going to china.

It's a Natural Gas Pipeline.

Kasz216 said:

1) That the japanese wouldn't of did it themselves?  The rest of what you've written seems completely out of place.

what?

i was tlaking about the thing where you called japan a dictatorship and defeding liberty

but usa themselves was already an oligarchy back then after the FED was laid down

2)  Except you know, things had evolved past that then, thanks to World War 1.

things had evolved?what and when?

britain still had a shit load of land across the world and usa is almost half a continent

andf banking system had evolved past itself,how?

3) ... what?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you seem to be argueing that the Great Depression was intentional... and caused by an international banking system.

you think the recession we are going into now isn't intentional or it wasn't in 1929?

have you hear ben bernanke,he is nuts.his ecnomic planning is a piece of shit,carry debt to pay debt.what?

and you think FED wasn't doing that back then

please enquire into rothschild,warburg,roketfellar,bilderberg group,cfr and other shit

also look into britain stock market collapse during napolenic wars when rothschild boought almost half of Great Britain's stock,actuall it could be more

and you think this debt forcing on greece and eu is right,hell they did it back then

4) Again, it's your opinion that it's immoral to stop buisness with people you disagree with, unless your willing to attack them?  So in otherwords, when we weren't willing to stop the genocide in rwanda... we should of been selling them machetes?

usa was trading with uk when they were slaving and killing people around the world.

and don't forget the trades with nazi germany by american corporations

but why would you ever talk about that,yeah it came to me.uk and usa can do anything and its right

5) Why? It's not like the US gets oil from Iran currently.

its not about us getting the oil

they want to build a pipeline from afganistan to pakistan and so on as they would be able to regulate that as now that afganistan is under their control

If anything that would greatly benefit the US in any longterm conflict since that's the way most of the oil would traverse.... and a long ass pipeline like that through countries in massive stife would be easy pickings.

long ass pipelines throught the countries

how do you think other pipelines work?

every heard of russian pipelines going through north korea to south korea

An Iran/Pakistan/Indian/Chinese pipeline would just be a stupid idea.

how?

In reality, the reason the US is against the pipeline is because of iran.  Not the other way around.

If Iran is supplying them via pipeline rather then shipments it puts more pressure on the US to not bomb Iran in case of nuclear powerplants.  Because the gas pipeline could be put in the way.

becuase of iran,oh why would that be?

why would usa have be against iran?

oh yeah usa dictates who will have a nuke when they themselves have 10k and israel has 300 and india is building them,pakistan is building them.

Although your biggest mistake in this is that it's not an Oil Pipline beieng discussed going to china.

It's a Natural Gas Pipeline.

my fault if i said oil pipeline

snakenobi said:

NKAJ said:

I don't get your view on this. So you seem to think that whatever the U.S did it would be considered murderous.  

in WW2,no

but their actions before WW2 caused it so yeah they were murderous,yes

Throughout this thread I've seen you argue that people just blame the Axis powers as being evil, but all you've done is repeatdly blame America for starting wars.What exactly were these "actions" before WWII that caused the war? I know the U.S put Japan under economic pressure for their invasion of manchuria, is that what you're talking about? 

Are you arguing that the U.S would have actually been defeated by the Japanese, had they invaded?

japan is a very small place,so no

but USA-UK's victory and strategy is dipped in pre-war crimes(transfer agreement 1933,balfour declaration,empire authoritarian regulations,etc).Most of these things were unknown and still today are not known by general public because of propaganda

if USUK would have played  straight with both sides germany and japan without all those things,then yeah they would have been defeated of USA wouldn't have entered the war in the first place as their people wanted

How were the bracketed items crimes?

You do realise the Japanese were suffering worse casualites than the U.S for some time and by that point in the war, it would have been almost impossible for the Japanese to defeat the U.S. Plus if the U.S waited longer the Russians had already agreed to invade ...

my reply to lordmandeep's was that

cause he kept on talking about japanese crimes but just ignoring about ALLIED crimes in pre-war

he has again and again brought up japanese crime without talking anything about USUK crimes

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
NKAJ said:
snakenobi said:
Marks said:

Canada, India, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, France, China, Yugoslavia, other allies. Fought the evil axis countries.

These countries i agree with you

Switzerland and Sweden

good they resisted

nothing comes good of war

retaliation is same as starting a war or get into the war in the name of stopping evil

Not evil at all - USA, UK, Sure they may have been in it for themselves but at least we were stopping evil in the process. 

how the hell can say that UK and USA weren't evil?They killed innocent people in Japan,they stopped trade to japan aka economic warfare,they looted Axis nations

violence in the name of stopping evil is still a crime,a big one

that way we can also say Britain and USA were evil as they used economic warfare during the years leading upto WW2 and that nazi's and japan revolted,just a rhetoric example

Look up:

1)Japan trade halt by USA years before WW2,Japan used to get its resoruces from Japan as Japan doesn't have many resrources in its small land country

2)Transfer agreement 1933 ,USA and britain financial controllers threatened Hitler if he didn't work according to them,they would stop resource to Nazi Germany.It is one of the reasons hitler invaded poland and went on war with USSR as they had resources that could help Nazi germany get independent of USAUK control.Hitler was actually finding land for an independent jewish state in 1933.

3)And don't forget they put so much debt on germany's head after WW1

both sides were to blame,not equally but to say that USA and UK were not evil atall is wrong

I'm really curious, what do you think the allied countires should have done when Hitler invaded Poland?  

before that i am really curious to know if the actions taken by allied pre-WW2 were correct?

this has been the ignoorant topic of this thread,put all the blame on japan(not that they were any good either) and just forget about UKUSA pre-ww2 crimes?

adn then you ask a question straight about WW2 but never ask a question about pre-war actions as that would prove USA and UK commit serious crimes

Firstly, what do you mean by correct? Do I think they were morally right? Well that's a very vague question... I mean, the allied countries did many,many things before the war... Actually I think Nazi Germany and Japan have the lion's share of blame, namely because they actually invaded other countries and tried to carve their own empires in their respective areas. I don't doubt that the allies's actions also contributed to the beginning of the actual conflict,but I think they should have less blame than Germany and Japan. The whole question of this thread was about who was right in WWII, the thread isn't investigating what caused WWII, but the actions of those in WWII.

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

NKAJ said:

Throughout this thread I've seen you argue that people just blame the Axis powers as being evil, but all you've done is repeatdly blame America for starting wars.What exactly were these "actions" before WWII that caused the war? I know the U.S put Japan under economic pressure for their invasion of manchuria, is that what you're talking about? 

i have talking about the fact that USA thinks it can police the world together with its hedgemony with UK

NKAJ said:

Firstly, what do you mean by correct? Do I think they were morally right? Well that's a very vague question... I mean, the allied countries did many,many things before the war... Actually I think Nazi Germany and Japan have the lion's share of blame, namely because they actually invaded other countries and tried to carve their own empires in their respective areas. I don't doubt that the allies's actions also contributed to the beginning of the actual conflict,but I think they should have less blame than Germany and Japan.

yeah i agree here with most part

though that anglo-american empire was already there and that they did the same things they were balming germany and japan for

if you read transfer agreement and balfour declaration,you will understand alot more.

hitler originally never wanted to kill jews he acutually was founding a new state for jews only in madagaskar.usa and uk bankers threatened him to stop or they will cut resource supplies to germany.

they forced him to deport them to palestine.see balfour declaration betweent bankers and british government after WW1,that plan was set 20 years before WW2

that why HITLER invaded russia as there were resources that would make germany self reliant.

on one side usa and uk hedgemony had its oligarchy and the other side bolshevicks had their communism.both were about power in a few elites planning your future

on the other part japan is more wrong than germany here as japan had fresh plans without previous conflicts which germny had sustained to justify their war.japan had no excuse but still who is usa to say who can build an empire or invade when they themselves have done the same

The whole question of this thread was about who was right in WWII, the thread isn't investigating what caused WWII, but the actions of those in WWII.

how can you decidede who was right in WW2 without investigating who was right in pre-war events which made WW2 happen

its about who's actions during WW2 were justified better by the pre-war events to event act during WW2

This was one of the few times in the last hundred years that America was justified in going to war. They were attacked and it war horrible.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

snakenobi said:
Marks said:

Canada, India, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, France, China, Yugoslavia, other allies. Fought the evil axis countries.

These countries i agree with you

Switzerland and Sweden

good they resisted

nothing comes good of war

retaliation is same as starting a war or get into the war in the name of stopping evil

Not evil at all - USA, UK, Sure they may have been in it for themselves but at least we were stopping evil in the process. 

how the hell can say that UK and USA weren't evil?They killed innocent people in Japan,they stopped trade to japan aka economic warfare,they looted Axis nations

violence in the name of stopping evil is still a crime,a big one

that way we can also say Britain and USA were evil as they used economic warfare during the years leading upto WW2 and that nazi's and japan revolted,just a rhetoric example

Look up:

1)Japan trade halt by USA years before WW2,Japan used to get its resoruces from Japan as Japan doesn't have many resrources in its small land country

2)Transfer agreement 1933 ,USA and britain financial controllers threatened Hitler if he didn't work according to them,they would stop resource to Nazi Germany.It is one of the reasons hitler invaded poland and went on war with USSR as they had resources that could help Nazi germany get independent of USAUK control.Hitler was actually finding land for an independent jewish state in 1933.

3)And don't forget they put so much debt on germany's head after WW1

both sides were to blame,not equally but to say that USA and UK were not evil atall is wrong

Compared to what the Axis (Germany and Japan primarily) did, they were pretty darn innocent.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.