By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Current gen marketshare %

So what do you think it will be for each console? By the time when all of the consoles have dropped to nowadays PS2 levels.

I predict:

Wii 33% - new console coming soon, who would want a wii after that? Probably will end up like GC, sold for 20€ new.

360 31% - Will keep selling for quite a while, there is room for pricedrops and so on.

PS3 36% - I think PS3 has the longest lifecycle out of the current consoles. Will sell for a looong time and due that, sell more than the competitors.

In case someone did not notice, I would like to see some predictions. ;)

Around the Network

I cannot believe you think PS3 will outsell Wii....

Its a shame how Nintendo have handled the wii to be honest.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

morenoingrato said:

Instead of offering no content on your post, why don't you make a prediction yourself?

Antabus said:
morenoingrato said:

Instead of offering no content on your post, why don't you make a prediction yourself?

Hes right though PS3 wont be able to outsell the wii. The next gen is around the corner and will affect sales of all current gen consoles, some more than others.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

i understand people hoping ps3 outsells the wii. I similarly hope skyrim will outsell MW3. But to think either will actually happen just seems crazy to me. Even with the "10 year cycle" everyone goes on about. The ps3 will need to sell in its next 5 years as much as it did its first 5 to outsell the wii. It would need to sell about as much as the ps2 did year 6-10 and thats assuming the wii completely dies as soon as the wii u releases.

Anyway I predict market share will end up being.

30% 360

31% PS3

39% Wii

You're being too conservative. PS3 is guaranteed to hit 40%. It makes perfect sense.

VGChartz

well i'm sure many here have wii at a projected forecast of more then 105m ww by 2012 yrs end so it all depends on how long each console stays on the market

MS and Sony are the only ones that put up a fight from the start. my 2012 yr. end projections for PS360 are around 75-78m ww. i'm sure in 2014 both will have sold 100m but don't hold me to it.

if you want to do the math i've accounted for most every situation so use my sig a guide thats only if you want to these projections.

i haven't accounted for either console selling 10m ww for the 2012 fiscal yr. i'm sure most of you don't expect Sony to project another 15m units for 2012 and neither do i.

Is there any way I can look at my posts from 2008,2009.
I predict the same as I did then.
The wii will not sell the most,

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales