By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So what will MW3 sell Week 1?

lordmandeep said:

Frankly the first day sales are much higher then all expectations. It should do around 15 million copies in 2 weeks time.

BF3 has a loyal fanbase but I do not think releasing it near MW3 was a great idea. Its just that the developer of MW3 created so much hype and crazyiness about the game, that many casual gamers simply ignore all other games. Now something like Elder Scrolls will do fine as it appeals to a different type of gamer, but such massive sales will hurt BF3 overall. BF3 will sell in the long term, but so will MW3.

The game is not amazing but casual gamers liked Black Ops, so MW3 will continue to be the top choice on Xbox and PS3 until X-Mas.

Expect 2+ million sales next week and 1+ million sales till about Jan.

If it sells at least slightly better than Black Ops it should be at about 24-26 million by the end of the year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this game looks like it will be the best selling non-bundled game to date.

Around the Network

Well its hard to tell but this and Black Ops, MW2 and GTA SA are the best selling non Nintendo based games ever.

It depends were total sales end up, if its around 30 million it is undoubtedly the best selling non bundled game of all time. (well Pokemon Red and Blue are over 31 million)

yo_john117 said:
lordmandeep said:

Frankly the first day sales are much higher then all expectations. It should do around 15 million copies in 2 weeks time.

BF3 has a loyal fanbase but I do not think releasing it near MW3 was a great idea. Its just that the developer of MW3 created so much hype and crazyiness about the game, that many casual gamers simply ignore all other games. Now something like Elder Scrolls will do fine as it appeals to a different type of gamer, but such massive sales will hurt BF3 overall. BF3 will sell in the long term, but so will MW3.

The game is not amazing but casual gamers liked Black Ops, so MW3 will continue to be the top choice on Xbox and PS3 until X-Mas.

If it sells at least slightly better than Black Ops it should be at about 24-26 million by the end of the year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this game looks like it will be the best selling non-bundled game to date.

From what I've played so far, it god damn deserves it.

brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
lordmandeep said:

That good eh? Pretty much everyone I trust (not the usual COD haters) has been saying it's a pretty incredible game.

God I hope I can pick it up soon.

The Campaign is better than MW2, the story is much more focused.

The ending is very satisfying.

The MW games have great endings imo.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

That good eh? Pretty much everyone I trust (not the usual COD haters) has been saying it's a pretty incredible game.

God I hope I can pick it up soon.

Yeah, it has been excellent so far.

The story isn't anything out of the ordinary and it doesn't try to draw attention to itself either, but the developers really did a good job of making you feel involved with the game. It draws out emotion, mostly anger and excitement, certain moments in the game really make you feel like a badass.

The set pieces are still as epic as ever, I can also see quite a jump over MW2 graphically. The controls and "feel" of the game have improved over MW2 too, which I didn't even think would be possible.

So far, I'm loving it, shit's about to get real and I can't wait for the "satisfying ending" which people have talked about, but not spoiled luckily.

Too much

just kidding, 11.7m.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Well how about that, the game had an opening of 11.4 million, when you add in around 200,000 for Japan. It looks like im the closest afterall and wont have to spend a dime lol.

The_Joker_Product said:
Well how about that, the game had an opening of 11.4 million, when you add in around 200,000 for Japan. It looks like im the closest afterall and wont have to spend a dime lol.

No, that would make Carl the closest.

Hmmm, I was off by a solid 1 million >_