By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So what will MW3 sell Week 1?

13, 153, 274

That's exactly how much it will do week one, EXACTLY o.0

Around the Network

lol 1000 copies were likley sold at the place I bought the game today...

Oh man lol...

about BF3, many will buy both games and most casual gamers which is the great portion of the people who buy COD, will pick MW3 over BF3 due to it being more well known.

If BF3 was going to have an effect, we would have seen Pre sales being low for MW3 and they are at levels unlike ever before seen lol

15 millions, 8.5 axebox 6.5pstree

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I think it will sell over 3 million on its first day, and 7 million on its first week.....

7 million? i dont think thats even possible it has 6.5 million preorders alone.

Around the Network

Vgchartz say the game will sell 12-13.5 million week 1. Which is what the vast majority of you predicted.

PlaystaionGamer said:
lordmandeep said:
lol BF3 sales are not that big in its 3rd week to effect it at all.

no..but 5 million people just brought a modern day war sim.. 2 weeks before MW3. they where 5mil potentual MW3 buyers..

And about 3-4 million will still buy MW3.

14.1 million

yo_john117 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
lordmandeep said:
lol BF3 sales are not that big in its 3rd week to effect it at all.

no..but 5 million people just brought a modern day war sim.. 2 weeks before MW3. they where 5mil potentual MW3 buyers..

And about 3-4 million will still buy MW3.

and from the looks of first day sales ur right

Frankly the first day sales are much higher then all expectations. It should do around 15 million copies in 2 weeks time.

BF3 has a loyal fanbase but I do not think releasing it near MW3 was a great idea. Its just that the developer of MW3 created so much hype and crazyiness about the game, that many casual gamers simply ignore all other games. Now something like Elder Scrolls will do fine as it appeals to a different type of gamer, but such massive sales will hurt BF3 overall. BF3 will sell in the long term, but so will MW3.

The game is not amazing but casual gamers liked Black Ops, so MW3 will continue to be the top choice on Xbox and PS3 until X-Mas.

Expect 2+ million sales next week and 1+ million sales till about Jan.