By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2011: Top 10 games thus far (META SCORES) [UPDATED: Uncharted3 92; Skryim 96; Zelda 95]

The_Joker_Product said:

According to metacritic it still has a review of 85 and one of 90. You know its metacritic will end up in the high 80's maybe even low 90's. And its a Handheld game they arnt a match for the console games to begin with.

Brawl got a 93, the same score as Uncharted 3 and its not even that great, the story for most of these Nintendo games look like they were written by a three old, none of these characters speak a word. How many times does he have to go save the same princess from the same villain. If God of War involved Kratos getting killed by Zeus then escaping hell and going back for revenge in every single game the reviewers would be quick  to put it down as being the same thing over and over.

Little Big Planet 2 is a platformer ten times the game that Mario Galaxy 2 is, its metacritic score is 92 whereas Marios is 97. 97! higher than Uncharted 2, Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, MGS4, God of War 3 etc and its no different from the first one. Critics are terrified to give the games poor sores because they know how fans would be.

I'd rate some of the games you have mentioned here as my personal favourites, but still preferred SMG 1 and 2, so I can't dispute the score.  I admit I like mario games though (and you don't) so to me these score are perfectly acceptable. Obviously you sense some great conspiracy at work here, and I doubt I can do anything to persuade you otherwise. 

You just sound like a ps3 fan who's bitter that a rival company's game got a higher score than the games you like. It's not that big a deal really. I assure you it happens to me all the time. Get over it. Live your life. Don't let it get to you! Don't be bitter, don't be angry or the next thing you know you'll be on the 6 o'clock news.

Around the Network
mushroomboy5 said:
The_Joker_Product said:

According to metacritic it still has a review of 85 and one of 90. You know its metacritic will end up in the high 80's maybe even low 90's. And its a Handheld game they arnt a match for the console games to begin with.

Brawl got a 93, the same score as Uncharted 3 and its not even that great, the story for most of these Nintendo games look like they were written by a three old, none of these characters speak a word. How many times does he have to go save the same princess from the same villain. If God of War involved Kratos getting killed by Zeus then escaping hell and going back for revenge in every single game the reviewers would be quick  to put it down as being the same thing over and over.

Little Big Planet 2 is a platformer ten times the game that Mario Galaxy 2 is, its metacritic score is 92 whereas Marios is 97. 97! higher than Uncharted 2, Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, MGS4, God of War 3 etc and its no different from the first one. Critics are terrified to give the games poor sores because they know how fans would be.

I'd rate some of the games you have mentioned here as my personal favourites, but still preferred SMG 1 and 2, so I can't dispute the score.  I admit I like mario games though (and you don't) so to me these score are perfectly acceptable. Obviously you sense some great conspiracy at work here, and I doubt I can do anything to persuade you otherwise. 

You just sound like a ps3 fan who's bitter that a rival company's game got a higher score than the games you like. It's not that big a deal really. I assure you it happens to me all the time. Get over it. Live your life. Don't let it get to you! Don't be bitter, don't be angry or the next thing you know you'll be on the 6 o'clock news.

Last time i checked this was a Video Game site where people discuss Video Games. I dont care which score is higher i already know the Mario games are no match for Uncharted, LBP, RDR etc. I just want to know why they give them the scores they dont deserve.

The_Joker_Product said:
RolStoppable said:
The_Joker_Product said:
How typical Zelda gets a high score, no different from Mario always getting those kind of scores even though theyre obviously no match for HD games.

That's exactly why Zelda and Mario get better scores, because they are in a different league. A higher one.

Yeah i dont think so.

Seconded.

The_Joker_Product said:
mushroomboy5 said:
The_Joker_Product said:

Last time i checked this was a Video Game site where people discuss Video Games. I dont care which score is higher i already know the Mario games are no match for Uncharted, LBP, RDR etc. I just want to know why they give them the scores they dont deserve

I'd say (In fact I know for a fact, cos every game critic in the world phoned me up last night to tell me) that they do it just to piss you off, and it sounds like they've succeeded.

The_Joker_Product said:

You do know that opinion is different than a fact?

In my opinion, those Nintendo games are far better than anything on the market, but if someone else likes X game better, it is their opinion.

Around the Network

- Uncharted 3 down to 92 on Metacritic.
- MW3 360 @ 89

Uncharted down to 92 :(

morenoingrato said:
The_Joker_Product said:

You do know that opinion is different than a fact?

In my opinion, those Nintendo games are far better than anything on the market, but if someone else likes X game better, it is their opinion.

Mario Galaxy is nothing compared to Red Dead Redemption or Arkham City, it loses to it in every single way. Graphics, story, characters, online, lenght, gameplay, sound etc.

RolStoppable said:
The_Joker_Product said:

Mario Galaxy is nothing compared to Red Dead Redemption or Arkham City, it loses to it in every single way. Graphics, story, characters, online, lenght, gameplay, sound etc.

I highly doubt that the platforming in RDR and AC is better than in SMG.

And i doubt the horse riding is better in Mario Galaxy. Theres no need to be funny or anything, you knew what i meant.

The_Joker_Product said:
RolStoppable said:
The_Joker_Product said:

I highly doubt that the platforming in RDR and AC is better than in SMG.

And i doubt the horse riding is better in Mario Galaxy. Theres no need to be funny or anything, you knew what i meant.

The Yoshi riding definitely is better though...

VGChartz