By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS3 and 360 Head-to-Head for the First Quarter

Taken from Gamestop's web site this is head to head titles shipping for both PS3 and 360 this quarter:

Army of Two, Battlefield Bad Company, Burnout Paradise, Condemned 2, Conflict Dark Sector, Denied Ops., Destroy All Humans 3, Devil May Cry 4, Dynasty Warriors 6, FIFA Street 3, Karaoke Revolution, LOST, Major League Baseball 2K8, NFL Tour, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Sega Super Stars Tennis, The Club, Turning Point Fall of Liberty, Turok, Viking Battle for Asgard, and Winning Eleven Pro Soccer 2008.

PS3 also gets two titles on 360 already…  They are: History Channel Battle for Pacific (Received brutal reviews), and Lost Planet Extreme Condition…

Following is a list of exclusives / timed exclusives during the quarter…

PS3360
Tekken 6Kingdom Under Fire CoD
MLB 08 The ShowJumper
Gran Turismo 5 PrologueCuldcept Saga
HazeThe Spiderwick Chronicles
 Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
 Lost Odyssey
 Supreme Commander
 Frontlines Fuel of War
 Universe at War

Bully Scholarship Edition

Warhammer Battle March
 Sammarai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
 World in Conflict
 Command & Conquer Kane’s Wraith
 Spectral Force 3
 Comments?

Around the Network

Frontlines in not a 360 exclusive, Universe at War, Supreme Commander and World in Conflict are all on PC. Bully is on PS2

Haze is unproven and GT5 Prologue is an underperforming demo. Tekken 6 on the other hand will be a very strong title. I wasn't aware that it was coming so early in the year. Nevertheless, there is no way that the PS3's line-up for the first quarter can square up the the army of decent (Dark Messiah, Frontlines), good (KUF: CoD), and AAA titles (Lost Odyssey) on the 360 for the same period.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Damn those lineups suck.

ps3 all the way...xbox360 has no chance.....it will soon be out of the war...but:

i have a question, before 2 days the vgchartz were showing that Ps3 had 20%, now it has 19.7%......how comes????

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network
Leni said:
ps3 all the way...xbox360 has no chance.....it will soon be out of the war...but:

i have a question, before 2 days the vgchartz were showing that Ps3 had 20%, now it has 19.7%......how comes????

Sales were adjusted, they lost 20 or 30k in europe alone

To be honest, the only game that interests me of all those is MLB 08 The Show.

Munkeh111 said:
Frontlines in not a 360 exclusive, Universe at War, Supreme Commander and World in Conflict are all on PC. Bully is on PS2

I went simply off the Gamestop web site...  This is a 360 / PS3 comparison not PC / 360 / PS3...

As for Frontlines Gamestop has it shipping May 5th for PS3 so it is not in the first quarter and timed exclusivity for some reason whether it be PS3 development behind or some contract.

They are all console exclusive anyway. Most people that play console games do not have high-end PC's to run new release games. and before everyone runs in and says I DO I DO, just remember that your also posting on a game sales website, and most console gamers dont do that.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Bully is coming to the 360... Why?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/