By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dark Souls Shipments Surpass 1.5 Million

Tagged games:

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/01/dark-souls-shipments-surpass-1-5-million/

With Namco Bandai’s help as a publishing partner, From Software shipped 1,500,000 units of Dark Souls worldwide.

Most of the copies are in North America, which has 620,000 units. Europe has 470,000 units and Japan has 370,000 – all PS3. 40,000 units were shipped throughout Asia.

From Software handled sales in Japan where Dark Souls was released as a PlayStation 3 exclusive. In the West, Dark Souls is a multiplatform game available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Around the Network

Good to see real hardcore gaming is still alive. Not just the "I play shooters all the time online" G4 definition of "hardcore."

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Got to love it =D

If this game isn't voted GoTY by some critics. It will be a tragedy.

Bring on more Soul's games! I can't wait to die some more! Thank you FS!

I knew Dark Souls was going to reach 1 million on the PS3 alone by the end of the year!

Around the Network

This is great, im so happy for them

A great game, deserved great sales.