By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will a Call of Duty game sell more on PS3?

When will the PS3 version of COD outsell its 350 counterpart?

The Xbox version will alw... 144 83.72%

MW3 will sell more on PS3 than 360. 10 5.81%

Treyarcs next COD will be... 9 5.23%

Infinity Wards next COD w... 9 5.23%

Total:172

When COD becomes a JRPG

Around the Network

Never, better luck next gen.

Yep, as I pointed out a lot of people mostly casual gamers are getting PS3 and especially in America, and what game do they get? The game all their friends play so they can play with them and such.

I dont think it would have a chance without Japan. Black Ops sold 360,000 copies there on PS3 and only 70,000 on Xbox, that 300,000 gap adds up you know. I think when its all said and done with the gap for Black Ops will be less than 2 million.

And MW3 wil certainly be under 2 million.

If you took after Black Ops first 2 weeks worth of sales, Xbox sold 6.2 million and PS3 sold 5.5 million, thats not a huge gap at all.

Looks like it did 5 million on Xbox day 1 and 4 million on PS3 day 1. Thats only a gap of 1 million, of course it will continue to grow over the next few months, but after the PS3 is probably gonna close a much smaller gap.

Theres not gonna be much in between the sales of these two versions.

Around the Network

7,000,000+ on 360

vs

4,800,000 on ps3

First week sales indicate to me that 360 will win this years COD battle comfortably. (shock horror)

strange my friend who is level 1 is around 5.2 millionth place and that's on the PSN network and 4.8 million PS3 sold?

I know its great but but that is interesting.

also with these numbers Black ops is being beaten easily.

That whole percentage thing is a bit of a skewed way of looking at things. The CoD series seems to have always sold around two million more on the 360 regardless of what the percent is. Cod could sell 100million on the 360 and 98million on the PS3. That's just a 2% difference but it's still 2million seperating the two, right?

d21lewis said:
That whole percentage thing is a bit of a skewed way of looking at things. The CoD series seems to have always sold around two million more on the 360 regardless of what the percent is. Cod could sell 100million on the 360 and 98million on the PS3. That's just a 2% difference but it's still 2million seperating the two, right?

Based on current users its less then 2mil right now, last night mw3 360 was around 6.45mil different accounts.  Atleast 5.2mil so far on PS3.

true but we assume every single PS3 user has played multiplayer and we can tell around 10% of xbox players have not.