By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will a Call of Duty game sell more on PS3?

When will the PS3 version of COD outsell its 350 counterpart?

The Xbox version will alw... 144 83.72%

MW3 will sell more on PS3 than 360. 10 5.81%

Treyarcs next COD will be... 9 5.23%

Infinity Wards next COD w... 9 5.23%

Total:172

You also have to bear in mind COD's competition on each platform.

On Sony you have Killzone which sells okish and Resistance which is non existant sales wise.

However on 360 you have Halo which is a 10+million seller and as a result 360 owners are obviously torn between the 2.

IF Halo was selling 2-3 millon like Killzone, then you would probably find these FPS fans buying the likes of COD instead.

I think things need to be put into perspective in the OP. Because different things affect each platform.Whether you agree or not with Halo's quality, fact is it gives COD a much harder time for sales on the 360 than any FPS on PS3 callenges COD.

Around the Network
selnor said:
You also have to bear in mind COD's competition on each platform.

On Sony you have Killzone which sells okish and Resistance which is non existant sales wise.

However on 360 you have Halo which is a 10+million seller and as a result 360 owners are obviously torn between the 2.

IF Halo was selling 2-3 millon like Killzone, then you would probably find these FPS fans buying the likes of COD instead.

I think things need to be put into perspective in the OP. Because different things affect each platform.Whether you agree or not with Halo's quality, fact is it gives COD a much harder time for sales on the 360 than any FPS on PS3 callenges COD.

Probably but thats a what if, Halo doesnt sell around 2 million, its very popular and could be a possible reason whats holding Xboxs growth back more than PS3, but the main reason why the gap continues to decrease it all down to EMEAA and the PS3 outselling Xbox consistently for the past couple years now.

In EMEAA the PS3 version of Black Ops stole a few hundred thousand of the Xboxs version, same things happening with FIFA. This year the gap in US for MW3 probably wont change but in EMEAA itll steal a few more hundred thousand copies from it.

Never, the PS3 has too many great exclusives for this to happen.

The gap is to big however it appears to me games have better legs on the PS3.

Black Ops is still selling a lot on The PS3.

I think a lot of gamers who get a PS3 get a COD game.

Rainbow Yoshi said:

I'll bite. This has absolutely nothing to do with why Call of Duty sells more on the 360.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

I'll bite. This has absolutely nothing to do with why Call of Duty sells more on the 360.

I know it's way better on the Xbox 360, but all I'm saying is that PS3 gamers don't focus on the Call of Duty franchise as much.

lordmandeep said:
The gap is to big however it appears to me games have better legs on the PS3.

Black Ops is still selling a lot on The PS3.

I think a lot of gamers who get a PS3 get a COD game.

Exactly, in fact PS3 has been outselling the 360 version for a while now, on Xbox from Week 30-51 it sold 550,000 copies but for PS3 its sold 660,000 copies.

In the Week from 20-51 Xbox sold both versions have sold 1 million copies. So it may not be beating it but for it to be tied for that amount of time is very good for the PS3, especially considering CODs more of an American thing as is the Xbox and, shooters are more of an Xbox thing.

Well it appears the developers of COD are making the game less America focused. Its like in the movies trying to get more money overseas.

COD does pretty good overseas imo, both MW2 and Black Ops did around 7.5 -8+million each (XBOX and PS3) in the EMEAA. There has been little growth % wise but its a difference of 100's of units and I expect the same for MW3.

Compared to the recent generation games, I think only Gran Trismo, GTA and Pokemon and Fifa compare in popularity in these markets to COD.

So the game sales is not due to dumb North Americans going crazy, the games are huge around the world apart from Japan. Even in Japan it sales are way better than 95% of Western games.

When the North America becomes less of a video game market - so not in a very long time, as majority of the sales in regards to COD occur there, the 360 version in particular.

In terms of the PS3 version out selling 360? Not this generation, but however I don't see the gap being between the two MW3 versions that drastic - most likely within a million when all is said and done, all those little countries are doing their part in terms of upping the PS3 version ontop of 360 version in Europe, even Japan pulls in some decent numbers when compared with the Western releases in that region.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

When there is only a Wii and PS3 version.