By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order chart 29th Oct 2011

Pavolink said:
Mr.Ashtear said:
Are the Skyward Swords numbers an indicator that it will have the best first week sales for any Zelda game ever?

Well, at this rate it could have a 1.5M FW

Americas - 900k

EMEAA - 400k

Japan - 200k

More like:

Americas - 1200k

EMEAA - 400k

Japan - 350k

A man's gotta hope :P But i do think you're underestimating NA and Japan. Japan already has 55k preorders with 3 weeks left and we know Nintendo games tend to accelerate towards the final couple of weeks. Plus Zelda is still Zelda no matter what people say. 

Na has 500k+ preorders and it could definitely reach 700-800k so it will definitely go past 1 million FW imo... of course that is if preorders continue at this rate.

And finally I'm really hoping EMEAA respond toAzelda, and maybe 500k is possible given that Zelda is the single Nintendo ame to buy on the Wii this holdiay season. 

Around the Network

As long as Zelda's WW Opening > 1 Million I'll be happy.

morenoingrato said:
As long as Zelda's WW Opening > 1 Million I'll be happy.

Don't be so sad :P Of course it will!!!!! I'm hoping for 2 :P

Anybody's tried to do an estimate of how many video games are going to be sold the week of Nov. 11th? Are we going to be up YoY?

reviniente said:
Anybody's tried to do an estimate of how many video games are going to be sold the week of Nov. 11th? Are we going to be up YoY?

Is MW3 coming out for that week?

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
reviniente said:

Yes! And Skyrim, and the MGS HD Collections. One hell of a crowded week it's going to be.

reviniente said:
yo_john117 said:
reviniente said:

Yes! And Skyrim, and the MGS HD Collections. One hell of a crowded week it's going to be.

In that case it most certainly will be up YOY

Good numbers for Zelda, I predict 800k-1million preorders...
FW:
Am: 1,4 million
EU: 500k
JAP: 250K
WW: 2,1-2.3 mill

On the 3DS side, good to see mario 3d land & 7 speeding up, I expect however big numbers 1 week before release. And pretty happy to see luigi & paper mario there, hoping to see more 3ds game there asap!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

morenoingrato said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Wow every week just continues to amaze me at MW3's numbers it will probably easily outsell BF3 day one of sales.

Fixed

lol

pezus said:
Is Zelda big in EMEAA? I personally think 500k looks a bit much there at least.

Yeah, no way Zelda gets to 500k, even 400k seems pretty impossible.

Twilight Princess opened at 236k, it eventually reached 2 million, but EMEAA hasn't been so kind to Nintendo lately.