By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - just when you thought the uncharted 3 reviews could not get any worse...

yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

If RolStoppable is right and you have to add a game to your collection to rate it, then you can look at the profile of a person you suspect is a troll.

That would be good fun.

Yeah but it's too much work to go and look at every suspects profile.

But I can think of 2 people right away that would do something like that Aldro and goforgold. I think I'll go check now and see what I find.

I thought Aldro was fine.

Goforgold doesn't have any games, he is banned though.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

If RolStoppable is right and you have to add a game to your collection to rate it, then you can look at the profile of a person you suspect is a troll.

That would be good fun.

Yeah but it's too much work to go and look at every suspects profile.

But I can think of 2 people right away that would do something like that Aldro and goforgold. I think I'll go check now and see what I find.

I thought Aldro was fine.

Goforgold doesn't have any games, he is banned though.

Aldro is pretty much like Goforgold but he doesn't really say much anymore. He actually created a thread about 2 years back complaining how his dad got him a 360 and how unhappy he was about it. Also he added Gears 2 and Halo 3 to his collection and rated them .1 and .2 respectively. He's taken them off I see at least.

But I just checked and neither of them have F4 in there.

I'm curious as to who does though now. It's probably some alt accounts made just to rate games low or something.

lestatdark said:
haxxiy said:
You guys are so funny it's almost laughable. It's just a goddamn score in some goddamn random site you won't even remember anymore one year or two from now on.

If you bet a certain score and playfully complains about it now, it's fine - but stop treating game reviews as if they were reviews to your own character, because that's what it's looking like. And stop being childish enough to think "oh man, everybody needs to give X game a 100 in meta Because It's The Exclusive Title Of My Favorite Company", and who cares whether the game deserves it or not, only the score matters!

Come the fuck on.

One year? Try one month after all the hype surrounding the game has died and everyone (or almost everyone) has moved on to another game. This is what really makes me sad about this generation, the goddamn fixation on scores and reviews as if they were the ultimate measuring stick of the worth of a game and not how is your experience with it. 

Acting like a bunch of fanatics (not even fanboys, this is becoming worse than that).

thats exactly why i was disgusted, they know it will affect peoples views even before they play the game, hell im just glad i try out things for myself and i decide how good a game is...

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
lestatdark said:
haxxiy said:
You guys are so funny it's almost laughable. It's just a goddamn score in some goddamn random site you won't even remember anymore one year or two from now on.

If you bet a certain score and playfully complains about it now, it's fine - but stop treating game reviews as if they were reviews to your own character, because that's what it's looking like. And stop being childish enough to think "oh man, everybody needs to give X game a 100 in meta Because It's The Exclusive Title Of My Favorite Company", and who cares whether the game deserves it or not, only the score matters!

Come the fuck on.

One year? Try one month after all the hype surrounding the game has died and everyone (or almost everyone) has moved on to another game. This is what really makes me sad about this generation, the goddamn fixation on scores and reviews as if they were the ultimate measuring stick of the worth of a game and not how is your experience with it. 

Acting like a bunch of fanatics (not even fanboys, this is becoming worse than that).

thats exactly why i was disgusted, they know it will affect peoples views even before they play the game, hell im just glad i try out things for myself and i decide how good a game is...

It affects people's views when those same people are easily led by the reviewers. I know this happens in every entertainement medium, but that's why people need to be critical about what they read and not over-react when it's an unfavourable and contrary view from what they were expecting. 

Again, in the end, it's all about the consumer's experience. That's what defines the success of any entertainement medium. Not the critics, not the individuals that have some kind of agenda regarding a certain product, be it positive or negative, not the producers or the company that produces the item. Consumer's and their own individual experience is the defining thing and should be the most important measuring stick in any medium. 

If people took all the reviews they read with a grain of salt (and not just the negative ones, the positive ones also deeply influenciate people's views as badly as negative ones do, yet you only see this kind of backlash mostly for negative reviews) and think with their own heads ("should I get this game because it fits my tastes?", "did I enjoy the previous games?", "will it be a good experience, considering my own expectations and not anybody elses?") then little by little, all the agenda-filled, hit-snatching "reviews" (both super positive or super negative and those that have literally no worthwhile content) would simply dissapear due to the consumer being wary of them.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

You are not giving people enough credit. There are certain people (I won't say who) who still hold a grudge against Thunderbolt for scoring Metroid Prime 3: Corruption a 7/10 which brought the average score below the 90 % mark on Gamerankings. The only reason why they remain quiet now is that another late review bumped the score above the 90 % mark again.

You'll always have the odd grudge-filled fan here and there for every game and/or company (that's why I added the almost everyone part), but they don't represent the majority of the people that care for reviews. Most of the people arguing in this thread (and any other review threads) simply forget the matter after moving on to other games and the review "e-peen" comparison is only brought up again when the attack of the fanboys shift between major IPs from each console.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Reviews score arent that important, but a little more consistency would be nice. I dont mind the 50% for Uncharted 3, but the site and its reviewer need to act accordingly in their other reviews (maybe he does?). Poor downloadable/retail titles often get more then 50% lol. But thats a problem in itself.

And some are even worse, try to guess the score... 

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

I just saw that too, came here to see if anyone had posted it! The review in the OP isnt that bad, I mean a 8/10 is still good. But that review right there, thats just screams TROLL. A desperate attempt to get traffic to a site. A 4/10??? Come on man!

docholliday said:
Pavolink said:

I just saw that too, came here to see if anyone had posted it! The review in the OP isnt that bad, I mean a 8/10 is still good. But that review right there, thats just screams TROLL. A desperate attempt to get traffic to a site. A 4/10??? Come on man!

I know. It's like an attention whore, and I'm not an Uncharted fan (but a friend going to lend me play 2&3 in his PS3!).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Shadowfest3 said:

I would think the most important review of a game would be your own

me take ownership of my own opinions, Nah

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot