By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Spain =/= France

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
ioi said:

Well done for totally dodging my post

Looking through some of your post history I see that you have commented yourself in the past at large discrepancies between Famitsu and Media Create figures. So if one says a game sold 30k and the other 50k then which do you believe? Go back 10 years and you had situations where one said 130k for a game and another said 220k. At that time they were both professional firms charging for their full weekly data. People obviously though that was acceptable and you would guarantee that the following week the 130k would be followed with 100k on the one service and the 220k would be followed by a 50k. Is that a better way of fixing a discrepancy? Now both weeks are wrong. More recently, they release updated numbers later on to paying clients, but again this is something the public will never get to know about (or deserve to in the eyes of the tracking firm).

I already commented that this week we rushed the numbers out for the end of the week with only limited data. Now more data has come in adjustments have been made but due to games and consoles being sold out in some stores and not others discrepancies are likely to be larger than normal. Rest assured, that as with all data, it will be looked over in coming weeks and months and adjusted where necessary.

I stlil see no reasonable evidence for your repeated comments (in this and other threads) about the credibility of our data so I suggest you either drop it, come back with a well thought out and supported argument if you want a serious discussion about this, or go and find another site to frequent.

No, Diomedes there isn't any massive evidence as there never is with any of your comments. Similarly to the above comments, come back with some actual data comparisons and we can go through it if it bothers you that much- but you are unlikey to get anywhere since I will have already have made all those comparisons myself and be well aware and be able to account for any differences.

For Gods sake Ioi when NPD gave their november numbers the LTD for the 360 was some 7.8 million for US and you had it at nearly 10 million .Canada doesnt add for this kind of discrepancy .October data vghchartz had the 360 200K over NPD ,november once the US and Canada sales added you still had the 360 another 200K above the NPD numbers .Despite evidencies about the 360 being in France well behind the numbers on the page you havent made the adjustement in months .Not even when Microsoft themselves claimed 500K sold in France (and probably even shipped ) did you drop the 670K number.Frankly ,I dont know what you consider "reasonable evidencies " but you claiming more sales that MS themselves is strechting things a bit too far . As for evidencies ,go consider this for Spain data ,first leak of data for the holiday period for the last week of the year .You will like it ,as they cite this site as an approximation for the worlwide numbers . http://www.expansion.com/edicion/exp/empresas/tecnologia/es/desarrollo/1074720.html So we have DS:40K units PS family :93K units ,some 39K for the PS3 . Wii:20K units ,as good as the PS2 last christmas but dwarfed by the massive success of the DS and PS3. X360:no data .

i wonder how diomedes looks irl

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Diomedes1976 said:

As for evidencies ,go consider this for Spain data ,first leak of data for the holiday period for the last week of the year .You will like it ,as they cite this site as an approximation for the worlwide numbers . http://www.expansion.com/edicion/exp/empresas/tecnologia/es/desarrollo/1074720.html So we have DS:40K units PS family :93K units ,some 39K for the PS3 . Wii:20K units ,as good as the PS2 last christmas but dwarfed by the massive success of the DS and PS3. X360:no data .

So, ioi ask for a couple of links to the evidence of the wrong numbes(PS3 undertracked in France, 360 overtracked), and you only give him a link to a spanish page which use this site as a source... ¿?

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Oh no...not this thread again.

Slimebeast said:
Yeah, por favor Diomedes, show us the evidence asap!

ioi
Hey ioi, btw, how much accuracy do you have in those Scandinavia sales numbers? I don't have any proof, but such a clear lead for the PS3 seems very strange to me coming from the biggest Scandinavian country, Sweden, cuz the "feeling" here is that the X360 is by far the more popular console and the mind frame (?) of people is simply put that the PS3 is struggling (even after the heavy price drop).

A "feeling" doesnt equel "evidence" lol. Get the hell outta here man. Don't use this topic as excuse to find possibilities for a lowering of the PS3 numbers to your likeing. Sweden is not representative of the scandinavian region.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network
rukusa said:
Slimebeast said:
Yeah, por favor Diomedes, show us the evidence asap!

ioi
Hey ioi, btw, how much accuracy do you have in those Scandinavia sales numbers? I don't have any proof, but such a clear lead for the PS3 seems very strange to me coming from the biggest Scandinavian country, Sweden, cuz the "feeling" here is that the X360 is by far the more popular console and the mind frame (?) of people is simply put that the PS3 is struggling (even after the heavy price drop).

A "feeling" doesnt equel "evidence" lol. Get the hell outta here man. Don't use this topic as excuse to find possibilities for a lowering of the PS3 numbers to your likeing. Sweden is not representative of the scandinavian region.

So you attack only the person trying to find reasons to lower the PS3's numbers but have no problem with the seventeen doing the very same to try boost them back up again? I guess Sony can count themselves lucky to have such a dedicated soldier on thier side this generation.

I still think vgchartz is undertracking ps3 by more than a million, but ofcourse not proof, only time will tell.

mM
leo-j said:
I still think vgchartz is undertracking ps3 by more than a million, but ofcourse not proof, only time will tell.

While you're at it why not just say you think vgchartz is undertracking the PS3 by more than ten million so that you can place it just ahead of the Wii in sales? I mean if you're going to make wishes, why not wish big?

Onimusha12 said:
leo-j said:

While you're at it why not just say you think vgchartz is undertracking the PS3 by more than ten million so that you can place it just ahead of the Wii in sales? I mean if you're going to make wishes, why not wish big?

Lol

But come on Leo, there is no way to undertrack the PS3 by a large margin, NPD numbers are in the same range...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

But that's the fanboy way. Make accusations and assertions without any proof.