By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Again Illustrates Why I No Longer Visit Their Site.

Yeah, IGN consistently has some of the least professional reviews from a large gaming publication. I stopped visiting the site a few years ago. It's a pretty sad thing it's such a popular site.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Around the Network

Good to see that things are beginning to swing further against Hatfield. Hopefully provides a wakeup call for him

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Leave Catfield alone!
He made a blog explaining it: http://www.ign.com/blogs/daemon-ign/2011/10/26/concerning-my-pixeljunk-sidescroller-review/

How can you not like IGN? I think the way they treat video game journalism is awesome (tons of personality and not just facts and figures). Sure they don't have the best writers, but the writing is still good and the personality that comes out in the editorials, reviews and especially podcasts (you have to listen to gamescoop, knockin' boots and podcast beyond) more than makes up for it. By far my favourite gaming site. And yeah, the'll make small mistakes or have controversial editorials now and then, but everyone does that, the only reason why IGN gets so much attention when these things happen is because it's the biggest gaming site out there.

Mr Khan said:
Good to see that things are beginning to swing further against Hatfield. Hopefully provides a wakeup call for him

What's wrong with Hatfield?

Eh, their review qualities are getting lower and lower. I rely more on word of mouth now, as that's the most honest and indepth source of information you can get.

Around the Network

weren't you all madly in love with ign for giving uncharted 3 a 10 just a few days ago?

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

I go there lots.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Mr Khan said:

What's wrong with Hatfield?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/106/1061550p1.html

And this was not the only offense. After the reaction to this they put this assclown on their Nintendo podcast, then things got fun

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Honestly, so few sites can review worth a shit anyway. And to be honest, I think both groups were wrong in this case, I think it's really stupid to lie about something like that, but I think it's pretty stupid to force players to play on a higher difficulty, too. I would have docked the game marks for that as well.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

*sigh* i miss the good old days of IGN64.

I haven't been to IGN regularly since they stopped updating the Wii's page... but that's more Nintendo's fault than theirs lol!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.