By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - How can I convince you guys that lacrosse is the greatest sport in the world?

I've created a few lacrosse threads in my time, but they've failed to take off, so far. Here's one more attempt to show you that lax is the sport of kings:

• The pro league held its championship weekend during the time of Hurricane Irene. Rather than delay/cancel the games, they were man enough to play in hurricane conditions.
  • The pro league (MLL) is now in a financial position to start having its best athletes play the sport full-time. This means the league is currently full of players who are practising hard, but none of them are in it for the money, everyone is in it for the love of the game.
  • Every game has big hits, and high scores.
  • It's known as the "fastest sport on two feet".
  • It's the fastest growing sport in America, it's the fastest growing University sport in the UK.
  • It has the hits of football, but has the skill-work and flare of a soccer or basketball game. Defence have a significant advantage, which means the offence has to be highly skilled, and run tactical plays - makes for a great watch.
  • There's a parallel female team when you play at Uni level. At our Uni, the women's team outnumbers the men's team like 2-to-1, (and they're actually good looking, the only better sport for "talent" is the cheerleading squad", we occassionally have joint training sessions/socials. Back of the net.
  • Rather than spending time in their "cribs", the top players seem to spend a ridiculous amount of their time and resources bringing the sport to under-priviledged children - running clinics, donating gear, that kind of thing. Lots of good guys in the sport, the "jerks" are usually shunned, and end up out of the sport relatively quickly.
  • Laxtitutes.

Without further ado, here's some banging lax montages/clips, I use these (and a pre-game playlist) to get me pumped. Some of these videos are what made me fall in love with the game:

This guy is Paul Rabil, basically the king of lacrosse

Around the Network

Show me naked pics of your mom, sister, gf/wife, ... given they are what most men would consider attractive and you'll convince me.

give me $1m or just $6. seriously i need food. $6 will get me Chinese food.

srry dud i hate sports. the Patriots are my fav. football team and i never watch them play

superchunk said:
Show me naked pics of your mom, sister, gf/wife, ... given they are what most men would consider attractive and you'll convince me.

I'll give you a percentage of what you asked for:

Don't the top paid Lacrosse players make around $20k a year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I can answer that pretty easily....you can't

Signalstar said:
Don't the top paid Lacrosse players make around $20k a year?

Probably around that level, most of the players still have part-time jobs on top of lacrosse, meaning that they work during the day, train in the evening, and play games at the weekend. It's a pretty solid commitment, and not worth the money unless they're really passionate about the sport, one of the things I love about it.

Of course, the very best players, such as Paul Rabil, Johnny Christmas, etc. are now at a point, financially, where they can pretty much focus on lacrosse full-time. Although their pay for the games still isn't very high, sponsorship money is starting to come in. These athletes could probably still make more money else where, but they still stick to lacrosse.

yo_john117 said:

Not even if I told you that the only lacrosse video games out there are exclusive to the 360?

(in fairness, though, they suck balls.)

SamuelRSmith said:
yo_john117 said:

Not even if I told you that the only lacrosse video games out there are exclusive to the 360?

That makes me dislike it even more! I don't want that on my 360

yo_john117 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
yo_john117 said:

That makes me dislike it even more! I don't want that on my 360

Them's fighting words!