By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - china finally gets its first home console but its not from one of the big 3?

Tagged games:

if this console released WW would you by it

yes 4 6.35%

no 39 61.90%

maybe so 6 9.52%

i have a kinect and am lo... 0 0%

i have PSmove and am look... 3 4.76%

Wiiu is awesomeer 11 17.46%

Total:63

Anyway the iSec is a piece of sh*t

Around the Network

Why are the Chinese government so backwards? It's shocking that you can't buy any of the main consoles.

at least it's the best looking chinese console!

seems much better than the recent Wii-like chinesee snes emulating consoles....

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

So I can only find these 3 videos on youtube for games..

looks better then the Wii...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Can the rest of the world pirate this to teach China what it feels like?

Around the Network

Well, better than nothing, I guess.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

a9vg said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Screw China. I wish they would just let MS Sony and Nintendo sell there consoles there. And i also hate them because of other reasons that i won't go into.

Screw you white game-geek-pig. I live in mainland, but Ican buy all kinds of consoles 50 miles away in HongKong.

I got my PS2 PSP PS3 and Xbox Xbox360, soon the Vita on Dec. 23rd, earlier than you people in the West

Screw Chinese Government too.

You're an idiot, when he say's "screw china" he obviously means the government.

Looks almost as bad as the WiiU

KillerMan said:
A2B24R246 said:
KillerMan said:

There is so big untapped console market in china that it's not funny. Middle class is already over 100 million people and growing each year. Shame that big three are prohibited to sell theis consoles (I wonder why?).

Chinese government doesnt want foreigners encroaching on indigenous business, so they enact protectionist barriers against foreign companies in mainland China to spur the development of their own industry.

Ever wonder why the Chinese government will never go after blanant copyright violations from stolen or copied technologies and softwares?

It's because they are made by homegrown industries.

It's unfair though to single out China for this. All industrialized nations from South Korea to America have all had something similar going on at one point in time. 

Iphone is most sold smartphone in China and they also sell tons of foreign cars there so it still doesn't make sense. They probably have some protectionist barriers but you still can usually sell your stuff overthere...

Protectionism doesnt just mean not being able to sell your goods in a given country, it is a system of policies that are intended to benefit national industries first and foremost. For instance foreign car companies must make joint ventures with Chinese companies in order to sell their cars, and car manufacturing is all done in country anyway (US cars are also manufactured in country). In this sense all countries are protectionist in one manner or another, but China takes it overboard (i guess you could argue that as a still developing and industrializing nation they do have a right). 

One of the biggest areas in which China protects their own homegrown industry is in the court system. The courts will not chase after copyright affairs, foreign companies products can and will get stolen and cheaply replicated and there is nothing they can do about it. To get an injunction is nigh impossible and not worth the effort, otherwise why would these products even be possible? 

Not just copying and knocking off the product, but even copying foreign company logos, doing this in America would get you sued....in China? No chance. 

Of course as China keeps booming im sure it will become less and less protectionist, and who knows, maybe even in next 10-15 years we will see a console coming from a Chinese company that can compete with the big three in the world-wide markets.

Diablo V and Blizzard logo ? They copy future games. Thats a new one for me. Or is it Diablo V like the letter ?