By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto V Announced!

Seece said:
Cypher1980 said:
Seece said:
Mr Khan said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Seece said:
milkyjoe said:
It'll be interesting to see what platforms it's announced for...

Be surprised if they SAY WiiU, GTA doesn't sell well on Nintendo platforms, PS360 and PC versions will put GTAV above 20 million, if not 25 mill. They don't need an extra 2 or so mill for a WiiU version.

There has never been a real GTA game on a Nintendo platform.  A Wii U version with improved graphics would sell a hell of a lot more than 2 million I think.

The fallacy to Seece's logic here is that 2 million would more than pay for the port by several times over, as well as the fallacy that GTA games don't sell on Nintendo platforms when we have no proof of that, and Chinatown Wars was as much GTA as Extraction was Dead Space

GTA games on PSP sold amazingly, out comes one for DS and bombs in comparison. COD is a fine example to go by, 12 mill each on HD systems and barely musters 1 mill on Wii, so my 2 mill was very optimistic.

A the end of the day the Nintendo audience like these types of games in very small numbers, and if you think a little extra horsepower is going to help pursuade people to buy it on WiiU you're wrong.

You take one game which is a cut down version of GTA on a Handheld platform and extrapolate an entire purchasing scenario based on that.

Its people like you who ruin the Internet for the rest of us.

Never the less I tend to agree with you even if I find your statement of "opinion as fact" highly objectionable.

No I used COD as well as practically this entire gen to prove my point, you just ignored that.

so u use cod which lives a lot from the graphics/effects and that's why a gta won't sell very well on the wiiu? wiiu will have better graphics than 360 and ps3 right? or minimum as good as them.

i wouldn't buy a cod game on the wii as well but i would buy it on wii u

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Seece said:

No I used COD as well as practically this entire gen to prove my point, you just ignored that.

so u use cod which lives a lot from the graphics/effects and that's why a gta won't sell very well on the wiiu? wiiu will have better graphics than 360 and ps3 right? or minimum as good as them.

You think graphics sell COD on PS3 and 360? rofl

Seece said:
crissindahouse said:
Seece said:

i say graphics are the reason why nobody will buy cod on a console with worse graphics. if the wii had the same graphics then a lot more would buy a cod game for wii like i said i would buy it for wii u but not for the wii because then i buy it for my 360. sure i don't buy cod for the graphics.

that's the problem with ego-shooters most are bad with old graphics. it's not like jump&runs or so. cod for 360 and ps3 would sell like shit if it would have bad graphics. it doesn't have very good graphics but not bad as well.

i would buy a gta on the wii u but not for wii so here you have one who would do it, who would buy gta for a nintendo console but not for the wii. i think more than me would do this. gta has to have decent graphics as well for me. it's not like a mario game or so.

crissindahouse said:
Seece said:
crissindahouse said:
Seece said:

i say graphics are the reason why nobody will buy cod on a console with worse graphics. if the wii had the same graphics then a lot more would buy a cod game for wii like i said i would buy it for wii u but not for the wii because then i buy it for my 360. sure i don't buy cod for the graphics.

that's the problem with ego-shooters most are bad with old graphics. it's not like jump&runs or so. cod for 360 and ps3 would sell like shit if it would have bad graphics. it doesn't have very good graphics but not bad as well.

i would buy a gta on the wii u but not for wii so here you have one who would do it, who would buy gta for a nintendo console but not for the wii. i think more than me would do this.

So .. so wrong. It's nothing to do with graphics, that audience just doesn't own a Wii beaucase games like COD are few and far between on the platform and just the whole ethos of the system is geared away from them.

Seece said:
crissindahouse said:
Seece said:
crissindahouse said:
Seece said:

i would buy a gta on the wii u but not for wii so here you have one who would do it, who would buy gta for a nintendo console but not for the wii. i think more than me would do this.

So .. so wrong. It's nothing to do with graphics, that audience just doesn't own a Wii beaucase games like COD are few and far between on the platform and just the whole ethos of the system is geared away from them.

haha if you think a cod game would sell like 20m times with graphics of 2005 than you are so....so wrong. i know that cod hasn't the best graphic but the graphic is ok. the audience? yes a lot of wii owners would never buy a cod or so but then there are the other millions who own a wii and a 360/ps3 and these guys (like me) only buy cod for 360 because it looks better there. ok controls for an ego-shooter are better there, too, but that's not what we are talking about. we only talk about the audience and if the wii u would have a great gta i would buy it for wii u with good controls, same with cod.

but i wouldn't buy these games for the wii. and that's not only me almost all of my friends have a wii and a 360/ps3 as well and they all think like me, they all play 360/ps3 for the core games but they all would play a core game on the wii as well if it would be as good as the ps3/360 version or even better on wii u.

most of them only have a wii for parties/wifeys but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't use this console for a core game if it would be better on the wii.

Around the Network

That's certainly a surprise announcement, although it was certainly coming. I was half expecting some spinoffs, like with Vice City and San Andreas with III, instead of a new entry.

This better be good.

I honestly hope GTA5 will be even more realistic i.e. better graphics, better pedestrian interactions, realistic car handling and weather changes but at the same time bring back the I can do whatever the hell I want to do Vibe that San Andreas had.....Rockstar has huge shoes to fill but the I havent been dissapointed by them yet

Gentlemen, Prepare your list of upcoming mods.

Seece said:
Mr Khan said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Seece said:
milkyjoe said:
It'll be interesting to see what platforms it's announced for...

Be surprised if they SAY WiiU, GTA doesn't sell well on Nintendo platforms, PS360 and PC versions will put GTAV above 20 million, if not 25 mill. They don't need an extra 2 or so mill for a WiiU version.

There has never been a real GTA game on a Nintendo platform.  A Wii U version with improved graphics would sell a hell of a lot more than 2 million I think.

The fallacy to Seece's logic here is that 2 million would more than pay for the port by several times over, as well as the fallacy that GTA games don't sell on Nintendo platforms when we have no proof of that, and Chinatown Wars was as much GTA as Extraction was Dead Space

GTA games on PSP sold amazingly, out comes one for DS and bombs in comparison. COD is a fine example to go by, 12 mill each on HD systems and barely musters 1 mill on Wii, so my 2 mill was very optimistic.

A the end of the day the Nintendo audience like these types of games in very small numbers, and if you think a little extra horsepower is going to help pursuade people to buy it on WiiU you're wrong.

Wait china town wars bombed on ds? did't it sell better than the same version on psp. You cant really compare the 3d ones on psp to the topdown version on ds anyway, but you did. and I think the wiiu's unique abilities will persuade people to buy it more just as well as increased graphics and a better online system.