By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony sure likes teh europeans money.

Well i didnt care for that thing anyway. 18 27.27%

It sure is pricey.. 32 48.48%

nah, price is OK. 7 10.61%

its almost a bargain! 8 12.12%

Total:65
Crystalchild said:

The Price for the 24" Display was announced not so long ago for Europe, and its a whopping 836$. (599€) they didnt just take the Number as it was in Dollars (499$ if i am not misinformed), they also added another 100€.

good thing i didnt care about that thing anyway, but seriously, for a hundered Euro's more, i get an 32"+ 3D TV... so, wtf is wrong with you Sony? I think its just pretty stupid what they do there. (And do ya people still remember the PS3 launch, were Europe didnt get any Units until March 31st 2007?)

You should see Apple's UK prices. After converting them from £s to $s, they are around double what they sell for in the USA. 

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but given that you know more than me about this things, I'm planning to buy a secondary TV and I've seen the LG DM2350 with passive 3D for less than 300 €.

I've had LG TVs before and they are ok but, is passive 3D any good?

Passive 3D is great and LG seems to be doing it best so far.

If buying that model, just make sure that it has HDMI 1.4 compatibility. The TV doesn't support Nvidia 3D vision on the PC but it does support Nvidia 3D TV Play (its limited 720p cousin) as long as it has HDMI 1.4.

The screen obviously is going to be 1/2 of 1080p per eye for everything but considering that its only 24 inches and that only things that run in 1080p 3D is Nvidia 3D Vision (not supported) and 3D bluray (will be interlaced to 1.2 1080p)...you won't miss anything.

Ultr said:
Well if you really want to put it into perspective
I am a student, If I work, I will get a minimum of 20bucks here, doesnt matter what I do. What do american get for one hour?
So who is getting screwed over here?

Where I am living in the US the minimum wage is $7.25, which is a little over €5 an hour.  Yeesh.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

disolitude said:
JEMC said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but given that you know more than me about this things, I'm planning to buy a secondary TV and I've seen the LG DM2350 with passive 3D for less than 300 €.

I've had LG TVs before and they are ok but, is passive 3D any good?

Passive 3D is great and LG seems to be doing it best so far.

If buying that model, just make sure that it has HDMI 1.4 compatibility. The TV doesn't support Nvidia 3D vision on the PC but it does support Nvidia 3D TV Play (its limited 720p cousin) as long as it has HDMI 1.4.

The screen obviously is going to be 1/2 of 1080p per eye for everything but considering that its only 24 inches and that only things that run in 1080p 3D is Nvidia 3D Vision (not supported) and 3D bluray (will be interlaced to 1.2 1080p)...you won't miss anything.

Thanks for answering.

It will be used mostly as a TV and to play console games from 1.5-2 m. so no, seeing the 3D in 720p (if I ever use it) won't affect me at all.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JOKA_ said:
Ultr said:
I am a student, If I work, I will get a minimum of 20bucks here, doesnt matter what I do. What do american get for one hour?

Where I am living in the US the minimum wage is $7.25, which is a little over €5 an hour.  Yeesh.

Not that many people are working minimum wage jobs.  I have had no issues getting a tutoring job (that I hardly ever do) for $10 an hour as well as an office job for $10 an hour.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
JOKA_ said:
Ultr said:

Not that many people are working minimum wage jobs.  I have had no issues getting a tutoring job (that I hardly ever do) for $10 an hour as well as an office job for $10 an hour.

Just sayin, I dont think we get screwed over here! its totally different here with the money, in the end it comes together about the same. so

Ultr said:
Baalzamon said:
JOKA_ said:
Ultr said:

Just sayin, I dont think we get screwed over here! its totally different here with the money, in the end it comes together about the same. so

it´d come out to be the same,  if they just made a € out of the $ sign, but this didnt happen. What does a Wii cost? 150€/150$. what does a PS3 cost? 250$250€ .. and it goes on.  but they've added another 100 bucks to the european price, which is just .. more. i mean, not to complain about something i dont care for anyway, but i am pretty sure that Sony told @E3 how this thing was built to be affordable 3D. it is, but the simple fact that you can get a 32" 3D LED TV for 469€ (http://www.amazon.de/LG-37LW4500-LED-Backlight-Fernseher-Full-HD-schwarz/dp/B004QF0PQY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1319810397&sr=8-10) simply destroy's the purpose of Sony's tv.

of course, Sony is a recognized brand here in europe, but yeah, there's not much of a reason to get that thing, and on top - it carries the playstation brand, not the Sony brand. And well.. we all know what happens if sony charge's too much for Playstation products. :P they'll get away with this with their TV's and Laptops, but not with gaming related things, what 'this' TV is supposed to be. a tv for gaming.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
Ultr said:
Baalzamon said:
JOKA_ said:
Ultr said:ll if you really want to put it into perspective

it´d come out to be the same,  if they just made a € out of the $ sign, but this didnt happen. What does a Wii cost? 150€/150$. what does a PS3 cost? 250$250€ .. and it goes on.  but they've added another 100 bucks to the european price, which is just .. more. i mean, not to complain about something i dont care for anyway, but i am pretty sure that Sony told @E3 how this thing was built to be affordable 3D. it is, but the simple fact that you can get a 32" 3D LED TV for 469€ (http://www.amazon.de/LG-37LW4500-LED-Backlight-Fernseher-Full-HD-schwarz/dp/B004QF0PQY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1319810397&sr=8-10) simply destroy's the purpose of Sony's tv.

of course, Sony is a recognized brand here in europe, but yeah, there's not much of a reason to get that thing, and on top - it carries the playstation brand, not the Sony brand. And well.. we all know what happens if sony charge's too much for Playstation products. :P they'll get away with this with their TV's and Laptops, but not with gaming related things, what 'this' TV is supposed to be. a tv for gaming.

I agree the price ist too high. I wont buy that, I want a 3D capable television but Im not paying that much money. Anyway I dont think Sony products are overpriced, It may be in some cases but I got a cheap vaio laptop, and it does a fantastic job :)

The right price should be around 300-400 at the highest!! I bought my 24" pc/gaming monitor (on wich I play my ps3) for 150, and its really a great thing!

i dont know